Which scanner is best under XP?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 26, 2004 6:37:39 PM

Hi,

i'm looking for a USB scanner, which should run under XP SP1.

I cannot decides between the following ones:

Canon 3200F
Epson Perfection 2480
Umax Astra 4600

Does any of these ones have an on/off switch?

Which of them has the best drivers working with little problems under
XP?

Or could anybody recommand another scanner in the price range up to
150¤. I don't have much expierence with HP, so i need some advice on
this.

Thanks for any advice.

Roman

More about : scanner

Anonymous
August 31, 2004 4:02:16 PM

Roman <zydra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<8nlri09l6dvsr2rs971pu6dermuhknm6rh@4ax.com>...
> Hi,
>
> i'm looking for a USB scanner, which should run under XP SP1.
>
> I cannot decides between the following ones:
>
> Canon 3200F
> Epson Perfection 2480
> Umax Astra 4600
>
> Does any of these ones have an on/off switch?
>
> Which of them has the best drivers working with little problems under
> XP?
>
> Or could anybody recommand another scanner in the price range up to
> 150¤. I don't have much expierence with HP, so i need some advice on
> this.
>
> Thanks for any advice.
>

> Roman
>
> > >Hi...I use an Epson 2480 Perfection $88.00 plus 6. shipping from
Newegg. I use XP Home with SP1. One problem if you can live with
it....it does not have an on off button, so I put mine on a separate,
cheap little surge protector...giving it its own on/off switch. It was
rated very highly in PC World.com, magazine. I love mine because it
scans negs and slides. But I have a slide of the Pieta from the 64
Worlds Fair and because it is so dark, (indoor pic), it would not
scan. Otherwise, for the price, I don't think you can beat it. LOL
MIKE
Anonymous
August 31, 2004 7:20:55 PM

I would personally avoid Epson. Our customers have had to many issues with
Epson.

--
Thanks,

Clarence Klopfstein