Which scanner is best under XP?

Hi,

i'm looking for a USB scanner, which should run under XP SP1.

I cannot decides between the following ones:

Canon 3200F
Epson Perfection 2480
Umax Astra 4600

Does any of these ones have an on/off switch?

Which of them has the best drivers working with little problems under
XP?

Or could anybody recommand another scanner in the price range up to
150¤. I don't have much expierence with HP, so i need some advice on
this.

Thanks for any advice.

Roman
2 answers Last reply
More about which scanner

    Roman <zydra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<8nlri09l6dvsr2rs971pu6dermuhknm6rh@4ax.com>...
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm looking for a USB scanner, which should run under XP SP1.
    >
    > I cannot decides between the following ones:
    >
    > Canon 3200F
    > Epson Perfection 2480
    > Umax Astra 4600
    >
    > Does any of these ones have an on/off switch?
    >
    > Which of them has the best drivers working with little problems under
    > XP?
    >
    > Or could anybody recommand another scanner in the price range up to
    > 150¤. I don't have much expierence with HP, so i need some advice on
    > this.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >

    > Roman
    >
    > > >Hi...I use an Epson 2480 Perfection $88.00 plus 6. shipping from
    Newegg. I use XP Home with SP1. One problem if you can live with
    it....it does not have an on off button, so I put mine on a separate,
    cheap little surge protector...giving it its own on/off switch. It was
    rated very highly in PC World.com, magazine. I love mine because it
    scans negs and slides. But I have a slide of the Pieta from the 64
    Worlds Fair and because it is so dark, (indoor pic), it would not
    scan. Otherwise, for the price, I don't think you can beat it. LOL
    MIKE

    I would personally avoid Epson. Our customers have had to many issues with
    Epson.

    --
    Thanks,

    Clarence Klopfstein
    http://www.scanhelp.com
    PH: 513-528-6660
    Fax: 513-528-3470

    "Roman" <zydra@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > i'm looking for a USB scanner, which should run under XP SP1.
    >
    > I cannot decides between the following ones:
    >
    > Canon 3200F
    > Epson Perfection 2480
    > Umax Astra 4600
    >
    > Does any of these ones have an on/off switch?
    >
    > Which of them has the best drivers working with little problems under
    > XP?
    >
    > Or could anybody recommand another scanner in the price range up to
    > 150¤. I don't have much expierence with HP, so i need some advice on
    > this.
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    >

    > Roman

Scanners Windows XP Peripherals