New to wireless internet please help!

CorpseFire

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2005
Hey everyone!

Sometime this week i will be building my girlfriend a new computer. She already has a cable modem with internet on her old "family" computer but this one will be for her personal use only and therfore she will be keeping it in her room(on the other side of the house from the family PC)so i suggested a wireless broadband router so we wouldnt have to go running cables etc etc through her house and to avoid costly cable company fees. But i dont know anything really about them or how to set them up.

So, if anyone has any usefull information for me to clear up what a good wireless router for cable internet i need or any tips for setting up the connection i would be most appreciative. Thanks in advance.

>Corpsefire<

sirawesome

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2005
I would go with a linksys wireless router like the WRT54G and a wireless pci card. All i had to do once i got the router setup was install the wireless card into the computer and install the driver and it worked fine. And the linksys wireless router as most wireless routers i thinks will work with other wifi brand cards.

Hope that helps!