SteveL

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2004

My system currently has 2 USB hard disk drives, and I just connected a
third. There are IDE drives too of course.

My new drive is recognized, and shows up in Device Manager under Drives, but
doesn't show up in Disk Manager. It is a brand new drive, so it needs to be
partitioned and formated, but if it doesn't show up in Disk Management, how
can I do it? Is there a way to get it to show up here?

Hi, Steve.

You probably need to Initialize the new disk, as explained in the Help file
in Disk Management.

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"SteveL" <nospam.surfer@sliberty.nospam.com> wrote in message
> My system currently has 2 USB hard disk drives, and I just connected a
> third. There are IDE drives too of course.
>
> My new drive is recognized, and shows up in Device Manager under Drives,
> but doesn't show up in Disk Manager. It is a brand new drive, so it needs
> to be partitioned and formated, but if it doesn't show up in Disk
> Management, how can I do it? Is there a way to get it to show up here?

Partition magic will recognize it but use it very carefully. It can cause
problems in sizing and/or formatting.