Help finding a motherboard for this setup.

jdswade

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
My current system is very outdated (2400+/6600GT/1gb ram) and I'm looking at upgrading to an intel dual core system with quad sli. The specific components I'd like are an Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 and two Nvidia 7800GTOs running in a quad sli. I'm planning on overclocking both of them and using liquid cooling. So what motherboard would be best for these features? If I said something wrong or stupid please don't post any hate, its been a long time since I've built a computer and a lot of this stuff is rather new to me. This is just what I've come up with so far, I'm not really married to it so if you have any suggestions as to what would be better let me know.

Thanks,
JDswade

rwaritsdario

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
The only you will take advantage of SLI is at resolutions over 16x12. And Even so its got a horrible $/performance. Check out the the tomshardware VGA charts for more info.
If youre planning on spending that much money in gfx you should wait about a month for the DX10 high end cards from Nvidia to come out.

If you are going to be OCing, my usual recommendations are the Asus P5W DH and the Abit AW9D-MAX. Despise of their price these are the two best motherboards for C2D.