Sign in with
Your question

Possible to Connect Xbox 360 to my Computer Monitor (DVI)?

Last response: in Components
October 17, 2006 12:19:23 AM

I just built my own computer, but madden 07 pc is a let down, so I think I am going to purchase an xbox 360 to play Madden 07 and have a modding frenzy!

My question though is it possible to connect an Xbox 360 using a DVI connection to my Apple 23" Cinema Display Monitor and if so how?

Thanks

--Peter
October 17, 2006 1:27:31 AM

Quote:
I just built my own computer, but madden 07 pc is a let down, so I think I am going to purchase an xbox 360 to play Madden 07 and have a modding frenzy!

My question though is it possible to connect an Xbox 360 using a DVI connection to my Apple 23" Cinema Display Monitor and if so how?

Thanks

--Peter

Yes. You can buy an xbox 360 DVI cable. They cost about 60-70 dollars. I am sure it will work, but in the off chance it does not keep the receipt :p 
October 17, 2006 2:20:43 AM

Quote:

Thanks

--Peter

Yes. You can buy an xbox 360 DVI cable. They cost about 60-70 dollars. I am sure it will work, but in the off chance it does not keep the receipt :p 

i'm pretty sure the 360 doesnt have a dvi cable available but they do have a vga cable and u could then use an adapter i would think
Related resources
October 17, 2006 2:45:33 AM

Ummm, yeah i just looked online and i managed to come up with no proof there is a dvi cable for the xbox 360. Amazingly I must have the only one in existence because that is what is connected to the HDTV. So I guess you'll have to scrounge one up or go with the VGA cable which does exist so good luck with that and as a sidenote, dont worry about the quality of the image not being good because VGI may be analog but it arguably looks at least on par with DVI. Given that you can't see more than 16 million colors the extra bandwith the DVI imput allocates will result in very little difference.
October 18, 2006 4:30:46 AM

Get a PS3 and you can connect it to your DVI monitor.
!