Morganz0r

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I never really had a clear answer to this question. For some reason my computer can't work with internal floppies haven't figured it out and very frustrated. Can I install a raid driver with a usb flash disk? If not I guess I'll have to use an external floppy. Thanks.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi
when you
For some reason my computer can't work with internal floppies haven't figured it out and very frustrated
what do you?
the pc does not boot from floppy or does not regornize the floppydrive in device manager?
asfor usb boot i agree with the previous post.

That all depends on if there is an option in your bios to boot from USB device or not.

I'm confused (probably the lack of coffee yet :) ). Why would he need to boot from it to install a driver? I thought the driver would either need to be installed as part of the XP setup (when you have booted of the CD anyway) or added to an existing installation as new hardware. Either way no boot floppy required.

Have you got windows installed already or is it that you are trying to install windows onto the RAID array? If you already have windows installed and are trying to add a RAID card to it you could just download the driver from the net and install it from a flashdrive or whatever.

As for the non working floppy. Have you had a look at your bios settings to see if the device is enabled? Lots of new systems dont bother enabling it as lots of people dont run with one any more.

TRENDING THREADS