Sign in with
Your question

Good overclocking socket 478 board? (Will buy YOURS!)

Last response: in Motherboards
October 17, 2006 5:24:31 AM

I have an old Celeron 335 (I think?) 2.8Ghz socket 478. I have enough random parts around to build a PC, except I lack a socket 478 mobo. I was going to mess around with some slightly "extreme" OCing, friend milled a copper block similar to a water block and he fills it with acetone and drops in a block of dry ice and gets some pretty low temps if he stirs it :p  Apparently the 335 OC's to 3.8 or so on air, and that was awhile ago so I can probably find a better cooler for daily use. Going to toss the PC together and give to my young cousins to play their "Lego Racing" games and whatnot.

Anyway, if anyone can recommend a very cheap (sub $40) socket 478 mobo that has some decen OCing ability that would be great!

Also, eBay is fine, or anyone that has an old board around, PM me and I may purchase it from you.
October 17, 2006 9:35:33 AM

I have Asus P4P800 Deluxe. Its facilitiy for OC is quite extreme (imo, it can reach 400MHz step). But i won't sell it cuz i still use it. I hope you can get it in the market for around 40$.
October 17, 2006 2:40:53 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems cheapest I can find the board is about $100. Looking for something a fair amount cheaper, was just going to do this as a little side project.
October 17, 2006 2:55:44 PM

Have you tried the egg ? i saw some mobo 478 less than 70$.
Asus P4S800D is 59.99$ for example. There's another though.
Good hunting.
!