issues with directcanada.com?

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
well after someone recommending me directcanada.com, i placed my order there last friday around 6pm EST because of the good prices and free shipping. it is now tuesday and i have not heard a word from them.............not even about the payment update or anything (i paid with master card)...............

Mhome

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I ordered a psu on 10/10 and haven't seen my ordered tracking updated in a while but I also used PayPal so that will add some time. I contacted them after accidentally making duplicate order and they were quick to respond so at least I know someone's home. I'd imagine using a credit card like you did should speed things up a bit. Maybe where they're fairly new they're slower than other sites. I don't think thier order tracking is completely accurate. The money for the psu has already been taken out of my bank account by PayPal but it isn't reflected on DirectCanada's site. You could send them a message just to be sure there's no problem. They seem to be certified and all that and quite helpful.

Mhome

marewulf

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
Free Shipping is shipped "ground shipping". You may have received a DirectCanada Tracking Information email. Clicking on the tracking # received may bring you to Purolator Courier tracking details.

I'm not absolutely sure but someone told me Pulolator wasn't working during weekends (this information is for Canada. I don't know for US).
Purolator Quebec-Toronto ground shipping takes about 3 working days. From Vancouver it may be 4 to 6 days.

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
mnhome u receive your item yet??

ever since paying last friday around 6pm, all ive received in the email is a confirmation of my order. when i go to the site tracking, its checked up to my confirmed shipping address, product availability and below is not even checked off.. im at the university right now so ill give them a call to see whats up

Mhome

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I haven't received my order yet. My order tracking is updated to the same level but my situation is a bit different since I used PayPal so it takes longer to process the order. I'm not an expert on the matter since this is my first time using DirectCanada but I'm not worried. All I could suggest is send them a support message. It took them about 24hrs to get back to me. If anything it might give some peace of mind. On a side note I ordered the rest of my parts from NCIX.com since they're more established (I wanted to try out DirectCanada at least once to see how they perform). I ordered those parts one day later than my DirectCanada order. The order tracking info for NCIX has been updated to the exact same level as DirectCanada so I'm not worried.

Mhome

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
its been 7 days since you ordered ONE item and you are not worried? it says on their website that it takes orders 24-48hrs to process, i dont even think my order has processed yet.......

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
aaahhhhhhhhhhhhh im bout to go insane thinking i got jipped, i bought all my parts from directcanada.com except the tower and the monitor

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
I've used both DirectCanada and NCIX on a number of times. DC got my stuff to me in Ontario fast, but it was Air Shipping. NCIX took forever because it was Ground Shipping and then there was a mixup on my address (not their fault though).

1) depends HOW they're shipping it
2) I paid with credit card so dunno about Paypal, but they sent me a tracking number. I just checked that everyday and found out where my package was. Really simple. The air shipping was sweet, I could see exactly when my stuff was shipping/landed. NCIX did the same thing, and I could see how long it took to ground ship :(

I put in a trouble ticket once to DC and they responded the next morning and fixed the problem right away, got my order within 3 days for free.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'm very happy with DC. Like I said though, it all depends on the method of shipping. They don't control the courier, whether it's DC, NCIX, Canada Computers, etc.

Make sure you check the tracking on your order, I suspect you got Ground Shipping and that's the reason for the delay. That's what happened to me the one time. Other than that it was fine.

I ordered over $1000 from DirectCanada and was a bit worried too. But it did take a few days for my order and payment to go through, then the shipping. But everything arrived, no damage. It does take time, I thought the same as you. But it'll get there. It's not like going to Future Shop and walking home with a system right away ;)

I'd use them again, but I'd also make sure what type of shipping I was getting, won't make that mistake again.

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
yea but the thing is, i dont even know if my order has been processed yet, the on-site tracking says it hasnt been. all ive gotten in my email since last friday when i placed the order at 6pm, is the order confirmation that i have payed, so really the only number i have is my order #.. i was hoping the parts would come in by friday so i can work on it over the weekend but i guess thats going to be impossible now.

Mhome

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
Just received confirmation late yesterday morning that my order had shipped. From what I can tell it looks like things began to move before they had updated my order tracking info. Now that I'm familiar with how the process works I think I'll be ordering more from them. If anything negative happens with my order now it will be due to the courier and not DirectCanada. I'm sure once you contact them they can give you some info on whether or not there's any problems with your order.

Mhome

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
hey Mhome, let me know when your order gets to you. My order shipped around 6pm on wednesday oct. 18, from Vancouver, to windsor ON. wonder how long it would take to get here :roll:

Mhome

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
hey Mhome, let me know when your order gets to you. My order shipped around 6pm on wednesday oct. 18, from Vancouver, to windsor ON. wonder how long it would take to get here :roll:

My order came in a little over one day once my payment cleared through PayPal. Very quick for coming out from Vancouver to New Brunswick. I used air shipping and only had one part coming. It sounds like you ordered several parts so it may take a bit more time but you should be receiving your order any day now (excluding the weekend of course).

Mhome

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
oh you used air shipping... i picked free ground shipping from vancouver BC, to windsor ON because i made a large order and took advantage of the free ground shipping. wonder how long that takes :roll:

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
NCIX took week and half at least for free ground shipping. I'd imagine it's the same with DC.

Then again, it's not like Windsor is the shipping capital of Ontario ;) LOL

Mhome

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I've got three parts coming from NCIX via ground shipping (I was curious to see how long it took). My order shipped last Friday and so far my mobo and vid card are in Montreal. My case is still in Vancouver. Yeah, never going with ground shipping again. I should see my case by Spring. Ah well. Live and learn.

Mhome

Warghost

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
lol damn so im not ganna be seeing it at all these upcoming weekdays? :(

Well I was the person who recommended it and my complete system(8 parts) with free ground shipping got from vancouver to me(quebec) in 4 business day. I was very satisfied, it got here fast with a nice packiaging and all piece were in good condition and working.

I just ordered from there again. just an heatsink, shoulda bough it with the system but hey i guess ill pay shipping after all :p

intense

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2007
I am about to order a good chunk of stuff through them, and am looking forward to it. So far, the emails have been very helpful and very quick, and from what I can tell, honest.

I will update when my order goes through.

MrMr

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2006
Directcanada is the sister company of Ncix. Unlike Ncix, DC is online only.I don't think anyone has anything to worry about.

R Jonas

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007

I ordered my new parts on a Monday morning at 6am EST online. I receved everything the following day before noon. This company is a member of the Canadian Better Business Bureau and has only had 2 official complaints in the 2 years they have been around. I checked this place out big time before I put in an order for over 1000 dollars.

You will NOT receive your parts in 1-3 days if you use ground shipping and this is written on their site. The purolator air service is about 30 bucks and like I said, I got it in about 30 hours.

I even called them before I placed my order to make sure it was a real place.

Their prices are better than TDirect and many other online stores and especially now because TDirect does not consider the strong value of the Canadian dollar now. As such, if you are paying with Canadian money, you are far better off buying here.

All of my equipment arrived safely, in proper packaging and I was able to watch the status of my order online with my shipping number. I also received a hardcopy receipt in the mail about a week later.

I am an overly cautious person and spent 18 months deciding on what I should upgrade to and where I should buy it. I have no worries about this company at all and I hope this helps.

Again, if you want your stuff in 1-3 days, you must pay. If your order is over 300 bucks you get free ground shipping and that can take 10 days or more.

DONT WORRY! Even if there was a problem, the fact that they are a member of the BBB shows you that they are willingly letting people look at their service record and also publicly telling you how they take care of any official BBB complaints.

Best Wishes
RJonas

speedyquad

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I found DirectCanada.ca to have the best Canadian selection of water cooling parts... I got my order, they called me to confirm as my shipping address was different than that of my AMEX card... I am VERY pleased with them thus far... Good prices for sure too.