Sign in with
Your question

Comp not booting up - P5W DH Del. - Which BIOS do I have?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 17, 2006 3:59:59 PM

I just assembled a computer with E6600 + Asus P5W DH Deluxe. Rest of the config is.

1. Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4Ghz 4MB L2 Cache
2. Asus P5W DH Deluxe/Wi-Fi AP motherboard (Intel 975X chipset based)
3. 2x1 Corsair 667 Mhz RAM sticks
4. XFX Geforce 7600GT 256Mb, 570Mhz PCI-express graphics card
5. Seagate Baracuda SATA 250GB 7200rpm HDD
6. Sony DVD RW drive
7. Zebronics Antibiotic Cabinet
8. Coolermaster Extremepower 600W power supply.

Now my computer is not booting up. I hear nine beeps like 1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3 (short). Looked up BIOS codes for AMI and its saying 9 beeps = Corrupted ROM BIOS :( . However reading about the problems others have with BIOS not upgraded to support Core 2 Duo - it might be that BUT no beeps are heard in these cases I think.

Also my optical drive works (i.e cd tray opens on pressing the eject button) when i connect ONLY the power supply but when I connect the IDE connector it doesn't work (i.e. cd tray does not open on pressing the eject button).

So guys how to tell my BIOS - there is no boot screen nothing hence I cannot see the BIOS version, the numbers written on my BIOS are

Winbound
W39V080FAPZ
620LDFA

The motherboard is Rev 1.03G.

Pleashelp :cry:  .
October 17, 2006 4:43:52 PM

how you got a spare 775 cpu.i think the bios you have is'nt compatible with core 2
October 17, 2006 4:52:41 PM

I just bought this MB myself and set it up yesterday. Had some difficulty, but thankfully finally had it running stable.

The documentation for my MB and the retail box it came in both mentioned that the MB supports Core 2 Duo. I'm just guessing, but I'd assume if model of the MB you have came out before Core 2 Duo was introduced, then the manual nor the retail box should mention its support for it? But I'm not sure.

Either way, without being able to insert a non Conroe chipset, you can't upgrade the BIOS. You can call tech support and ask them if revision 1.03G supports Core 2 Duo.

Also try removing everything from your system except CPU/RAM/Video - just enough to boot and see. You can also try resetting your CMOS per the manual instructions. Another guy couldn't get his new build to boot and after he reset the CMOS it did. Apparently the CMOS wasn't in default settings.
October 25, 2006 7:28:04 PM

You can check the small chip (next to PCI 2 connector. It should tell you the version of the bios. If you just got the board, I think it should be version 1305 as I have. Did you plug in the 4-pin power connector (near the CPU) ?
!