DVD Writer Not reading Dvd's Only! Help!

cbarsenal

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Hello people, my mates DVD Writer wouldn’t recognize, load or show one of his PC games called LMA Manager 2007. It would just stay in the drive and about every 5 secs a beeping sound would be heard. The first thing I did was download the latest firmware for the drive, rebooted the computer and it still wouldn’t read it. I would like to add that the game’s DVD Disk is scratched! The next thing I tried was to set the region of his writer to region 2 still didn’t work. Last but not least I set the auto play to recognize the media as mixed content and take no action. Still no Joy, the only thing I can think of is that his laser in his DVD writer may be dodgy? Unfortunately he only had DVD Movies and no DVD software apart from one system recovery DVD- Rom, when I put this in it also failed to recognize this!. Last but not least I tried a DVD movie which it read and played fine! I would have thought it could have been cause the game is scratched but then I thought it can’t be because it didn’t load the system recovery DVD! Also I tested the game DVD on my machine and it read fine! Any suggestions? Sorry I have no spec or the model of the DVD writer, I think if I remember right it was a Samsung TS-552B or something along those lines.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi
as you thought
I would like to add that the game’s DVD Disk is scratched!
then i suggest you make a copy of this dvd.
using isobuster it will read scratched dvd and extract it .
www.isobuster.com

cbarsenal

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2006
Ah rite thanks, Do i just download this program copy the dvd image to my hard drive and then burn back onto a blank DVD yeh? How does this program make the Dvd laser read the scratched data? instead of using that process can i just install the program on his pc and then will it let his dvd writer read the scratched data?Please Reply many Thanks.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
at how exsactly this programs works i do not know.
but it is used for sctched cd dvd or anything like that.
you can always try to luanch the game setup from that program.
the isobuster first extract it to an (zxxx)folder and then try to install it.
hope it helps.