Crucial Ballistix PC6400 overclocking? Please reply!

I'm interested in buying a system with an E6300 and overclocking it, how would the Crucial Ballistix PC6400 work out? It has a timing of 4-4-4-12, but it comes standard at 2.2v... which worries me. Would I still be able to overclock with it?

Also, I'll be using it in a Asus P5N32-SLI premium motherboard. I can't find anyone using this memory and motherboard, but it should be compatible, right?
4 answers Last reply
More about crucial ballistix pc6400 overclocking reply
  1. Just a minor correction: the speed rating is at 2.2V, but some modules may run at the given timings at lower voltages.
  2. That's interesting Wusy, which mobo would you recommend? Also, when the new line of cpus come out next year running at 1333 speed, would it be possible to overclock a 1066 mobo to run these new chips? Difficult question I know but I bow to your greater knowledge.
  3. Quote:
    Except you'll hit a wall at 300Mhz FSB i.e. DDR2-600, 7x300=2.1Ghz
    Get another mobo.

Doh! I already ordered it, but the specifications do say it works at 1066, is it the chipset that limits it?
  4. Hm I recommend the Gigabyte DQ6 is youre a voltage tweaker and the P5B Deluxe if its all about FSB :wink:
    If youll be running crossfire and 4MB cache the Abit AW9D-MAX would proove perfect for your setup.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory Overclocking Crucial Motherboards