Whats a very good watercooling system for under 400?

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
$400 is max and honestly i would only like to spend 300 if that...

it has to be accessible in canada..

it needs to fit socket 775 and i was also wondering if i am going to get a water cooling system if it was worth it to go the whole nine yards and do gpu cooling, and mobo cooling as well??

RichPLS

Champion
The ThermalTake BigWater 745 includes a 24cmx12cm radiator plus a 12x12cm radiator, block and accessories including pump, reservoir, fans and fan controller for around $150.

I believe it to be one of the best kits as far as cost and ease of setup is concerned...

Otherwise, selecting premium parts from DangerDen will give you a more robust and much more expensive system which also adds complexity.

If your cooling the C2Duo chip, the Bigwater 745 cools my overclocked Opteron 175 at 1.5volts running 2.64GHz down to below 40C at max stress load, and I am only using the larger radiator, and not both...

maverick7

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
hmmm well i actually read some reviews on that one and its not really what im looking for. i could probably get my oc with a sythe ninja but i want it to run cooler and it looks cool. so perhaps could someone suggest a higher performing water cooling set up with the parts etc??