Windows Mobile 2003 and right-to-left languages

February 5, 2005 9:24:16 PM

Hello
What should i do to view right-to-left languages (arabic,persian,...) in my
PocketPC?
OS is Windows Mobile 2003 and i have copied the fonts to my pocket pc(tahoma
and .. ). I can see Persian characters in PocketWord and PocketExplorer but
they are not readable. Becuase they are left-to-right not right-to-left .
Also i have changed default encoding in explorer to utf-8 .
How i can enable right to left languages in Windows Mobile 2003?

Thanks
Anonymous
February 5, 2005 10:27:05 PM

with VB studio, create a project and compile for PPC
http://www.codeproject.com/ce/arabicsupport.asp#xx99655...

you need to Arabize( ); for existing English string

kinda pointless until you make interface

"Parham" <parham@bornisgroup.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> What should i do to view right-to-left languages (arabic,persian,...) in
> my PocketPC?
> OS is Windows Mobile 2003 and i have copied the fonts to my pocket
> pc(tahoma and .. ). I can see Persian characters in PocketWord and
> PocketExplorer but they are not readable. Becuase they are left-to-right
> not right-to-left . Also i have changed default encoding in explorer to
> utf-8 .
> How i can enable right to left languages in Windows Mobile 2003?
>
> Thanks

Anonymous
February 10, 2005 6:28:55 PM

Pocket Word doesn't support RTL scripts in PPC 2003. The OS itself doesn't
have support for bi-directional and RTL scripts. In fact, the Uniscribe
Script Processor for complex scripts came out in Windows CE 5.0 only.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

!