hi....
i already change my memory from DDR 2x256MB PC2700 to DDR2 1x1GB PC5300
Kingston value RAM (taiwan chipset, not hynix). because i will give my
DDR1 to my bro.
when i set to auto timing, CPUZ detect 3-3-3-9. then i set them in
fixed timing with command rate 2T.
but everytime i set flexibility disable, i got freeze everytime i
play games. not stable at all.... if i set flexibility to enable
it's ok but i know there are some performance decrease...
sisoft sandra 2007 memory bandwith only give me 3600, my DDR1 was
able to reach 4600.
what should i try?

which one is better for gaming:
1. lossening timing (maybe 3-4-4-12 or what? please tell me) with flexibility disable
or
2. 3-3-3-9 with flexibility enabled ?

or i got a problem with this new memory?not compatible with mobo?
please help what should i try to optimize my pc......

thx in advance.

---------------------------------------------------------------
E6300
Asrock mobo with bios 1.90, newest hyperion driver
Inno3D GeForce 6600GT AGP
Kingston Value 1 x 1GB DDR2 PC5300
120GB & 40GB PATA HD MAXTOR
DVDRW Pioneer 111DBK
TT 430 Watt

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
Those sound like DDR 1 timings to me.

Non-premium DDR2 667 normally runs something like 5-5-5-15.

Asrock motherboards are not known for their memory compatibilty or stability at all.

If you take a close look at the silk-screen on their boards recently, you'll notice they are being made by ECS now, not ASUS anymore........

sevendp

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Those sound like DDR 1 timings to me.

Non-premium DDR2 667 normally runs something like 5-5-5-15.

Asrock motherboards are not known for their memory compatibilty or stability at all.

If you take a close look at the silk-screen on their boards recently, you'll notice they are being made by ECS now, not ASUS anymore........

thanks VIC20....

i see.... so my auto timing detected in bios is tight right (3-3-3-9)?
i will try 5-5-5-15 with flexibility disable......
i see in my memory got Cas Latency 5..... lol..... i set it to CL 3 on value ram :p

what are you mean by "silk screen" ? where i can find that? it got a note say "ECS" ?

thanks for the info...

Mondoman

Splendid
"silk screening" is the printing method used to print labels on the motheboard. He is saying that there may be an "ECS" label instead of an "Asus" label. What is the model number of your motherboard? What is "flexibility" - a setting in the BIOS?

sevendp

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
"silk screening" is the printing method used to print labels on the motheboard. He is saying that there may be an "ECS" label instead of an "Asus" label. What is the model number of your motherboard? What is "flexibility" - a setting in the BIOS?

thx Mondoman, i haven't see any label on this mobo yet :)
i will check it later..........

AFAIK Asus and ECS is different company..... and so far i know is that Asrock is part of Asus..... Asrock bought by ECS?

"flexibility" when enabled, it's increase memory compability support..... but it's also make significant performance decrease :(
some people tell me it cut down fsb from 266 to 210MHz........

my Kingston value DDR1 PC2700 can use flexibility disable, but my new DDR2 Kingston value PC5300 cant :(

poor me.........

vic20

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2006
ASROCK boards don't say ECS, but here is the mystery.

ASROCK boards used to use the fonts on their boards that matched ASUS boards exactly. The model number was written in white using ASUS font.

Now they use the exact same fonts as ECS. Also, they write specs all over the board just like ECS. They write crap like DDR400 and AGP 8X and all this garbage all over the board in white, using the exact same font and design as ECS.

I have also seen ASROCK logos on ECS sites.

My guess is ASUS still owns ASROCK, but contracts out the boards to be made by ECS. This sucks, as ECS boards in North America are garbage.

I here they are quite good in Europe, so they must send us the factory seconds lol