Bios setting have no effect

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Hey, ive just installeed a gigabyte 695p-ds3, latest bios but i have no idea what i am doing wrong, i have put the fsb to just 142(its an 805d processor) i havent changed anyother voltage or timeing settings, when i restart the post screen still says 2.66ghz and so does cpu-z and it also says that the fsb frequency is 133mhz, ok so i restart and go back into the bios settings and the settings are the same as what i put them to.
Am i missing a simple setting or something, or do you think my bios is cocked.

slicessoul

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2006
As i know, gigabyte mobos are using dual bios. If one bios failed, it will load the second bios. Maybe your OCing is to high or the BIOS stated that your OCing is too much or not correct, so it load its default clock.

I'm not so friendly with gigabyte. So, i can't help you much. Try to read the manual or surf in its website. Hope you'll get a clue.

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Ok, i just reflashed the bios back to F1, and put the fsb up to 150mhz, and its working sound, im just gonna see how it performs on doom3, i will then think of updating the bios to a newer version but not the F7, but for the time being i just want squeze some fun in before i head off to work.

rob_jeffers

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2006
Yes, it had everything on stock, but now that i have reflashed the bios back to F1, i can actualy begin my overclocking project

my advice: if you have no problems with your BIOS, don't flash it - you may get performance hits on newer revisions (I did).

BIOS settings are not stored in the FLASH BIOS chip: they're located in a small RAM area called CMOS, which is kept powered on by the small battery on your mobo. Flashing the BIOS means replacing the content of the FLASH BIOS chip - it is then recommended to clear the CMOS (via CMOS jumper) because some new versions don't like older versions's settings.