Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Hello,

I have a PC with Win XP Prof.

I also use pcAnywhere of Symantec.

If I try to make a connection with another PC on the net by using
pcAnywhere, knowing that the security is set to symmetric, I always got the
next error-message : "CryptoAPI is not available, the object already
exists". The result is that I can't save my data.

Is this a known message ?
What is the solution for the problem ?

Thank you very much in advance.

Michel Driessen
Genk (Belgium)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Your best bet for this will be a search of Symantec's knowledge base.

Google Groups has some information on this but it is mostly old, applying to
win95, and not helpful--Symantec either says they don't know what causes it,
or recommends reinstalling cryptoAPI--for which they give instructions, but
these probably don't apply to XP.

Here's one doc from their KB about this:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/docid/1999031015473012?Open&src=&docid=1999022312571812&nsf=pca.nsf&view=pfdocs&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=

"DRIESSEN Michel" <michel.driessen@ma-consult.be> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have a PC with Win XP Prof.
>
> I also use pcAnywhere of Symantec.
>
> If I try to make a connection with another PC on the net by using
> pcAnywhere, knowing that the security is set to symmetric, I always got
> the next error-message : "CryptoAPI is not available, the object already
> exists". The result is that I can't save my data.
>
> Is this a known message ?
> What is the solution for the problem ?
>
> Thank you very much in advance.
>
> Michel Driessen
> Genk (Belgium)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.security.crypto,microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely (More info?)

Bill,

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Indeed, these recommandations don't apply to XP. I already found that
document on the KB of Symantec.

Unfortunately, it wasn't a solution to my problem.

I als reinstalled SP2 on my PC but also no result.

Thanks anyway.

Michel

"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> schreef in bericht
> Your best bet for this will be a search of Symantec's knowledge base.
>
> Google Groups has some information on this but it is mostly old, applying
> to win95, and not helpful--Symantec either says they don't know what
> causes it, or recommends reinstalling cryptoAPI--for which they give
> instructions, but these probably don't apply to XP.
>
> Here's one doc from their KB about this:
>
> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/docid/1999031015473012?Open&src=&docid=1999022312571812&nsf=pca.nsf&view=pfdocs&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
>

> "DRIESSEN Michel" <michel.driessen@ma-consult.be> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have a PC with Win XP Prof.
>>
>> I also use pcAnywhere of Symantec.
>>
>> If I try to make a connection with another PC on the net by using
>> pcAnywhere, knowing that the security is set to symmetric, I always got
>> the next error-message : "CryptoAPI is not available, the object already
>> exists". The result is that I can't save my data.
>>
>> Is this a known message ?
>> What is the solution for the problem ?
>>
>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>
>> Michel Driessen
>> Genk (Belgium)

Did you try this one?

(from GG):
Hi folks
I confiused with my pcanywhere . I wanted to connect to a remote Host
with symetric encryption.
but get the error : "CryptoApi is not available object already
exsists"

here is the solution which I found for this problem :

go to your user profile directory , ApplicationData\Microsoft\Crypto
and delete the contents

ie:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
Data\Microsoft\Crypto

delete the crypto folder. it will creates as you delete it.

now PcAnyWhere works correctly.!

Regards
Reza Toghraee
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 16:23:07 +0100, "DRIESSEN Michel"
<michel.driessen@ma-consult.be> wrote:

>Bill,
>
>Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
>Indeed, these recommandations don't apply to XP. I already found that
>document on the KB of Symantec.
>
>Unfortunately, it wasn't a solution to my problem.
>
>I als reinstalled SP2 on my PC but also no result.
>
>Thanks anyway.
>
>Michel
>
>"Bill Sanderson" <Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> schreef in bericht
>> Your best bet for this will be a search of Symantec's knowledge base.
>>
>> Google Groups has some information on this but it is mostly old, applying
>> to win95, and not helpful--Symantec either says they don't know what
>> causes it, or recommends reinstalling cryptoAPI--for which they give
>> instructions, but these probably don't apply to XP.
>>
>> Here's one doc from their KB about this:
>>
>> http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/pca.nsf/docid/1999031015473012?Open&src=&docid=1999022312571812&nsf=pca.nsf&view=pfdocs&dtype=&prod=&ver=&osv=&osv_lvl=
>>

>> "DRIESSEN Michel" <michel.driessen@ma-consult.be> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a PC with Win XP Prof.
>>>
>>> I also use pcAnywhere of Symantec.
>>>
>>> If I try to make a connection with another PC on the net by using
>>> pcAnywhere, knowing that the security is set to symmetric, I always got
>>> the next error-message : "CryptoAPI is not available, the object already
>>> exists". The result is that I can't save my data.
>>>
>>> Is this a known message ?
>>> What is the solution for the problem ?
>>>
>>> Thank you very much in advance.
>>>
>>> Michel Driessen
>>> Genk (Belgium)

And I can recall having seen that one before--gotta get a better filing
system!

"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
in message news:h18ar0l3rcqdu74j4ti5gsh4lcece29kip@4ax.com...
> Did you try this one?
>
> (from GG):
> Hi folks
> I confiused with my pcanywhere . I wanted to connect to a remote Host
> with symetric encryption.
> but get the error : "CryptoApi is not available object already
> exsists"
>
> here is the solution which I found for this problem :
>
> go to your user profile directory , ApplicationData\Microsoft\Crypto
> and delete the contents
>
> ie:
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Crypto
>
> delete the crypto folder. it will creates as you delete it.
>
> now PcAnyWhere works correctly.!
>
> Regards
> Reza Toghraee
> ---
> Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

Until recently, Google Groups was good for this... However, the new
beta of GG doesn't seem to work too well for me... :(
---
Jeffrey Randow (Windows Networking MVP)

http://www.remotenetworktechnology.com
Windows Network Technology Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/community/centers/networking/default.mspx
Windows Home Networking Community -
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/communities/wireless.mspx

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 22:44:57 -0500, "Bill Sanderson"
<Bill_Sanderson@msn.com.plugh.org> wrote:

>And I can recall having seen that one before--gotta get a better filing
>system!
>
>"Jeffrey Randow (MVP)" <jeffreyr-support@remotenetworktechnology.com> wrote
>in message news:h18ar0l3rcqdu74j4ti5gsh4lcece29kip@4ax.com...
>> Did you try this one?
>>
>> (from GG):
>> Hi folks
>> I confiused with my pcanywhere . I wanted to connect to a remote Host
>> with symetric encryption.
>> but get the error : "CryptoApi is not available object already
>> exsists"
>>
>> here is the solution which I found for this problem :
>>
>> go to your user profile directory , ApplicationData\Microsoft\Crypto
>> and delete the contents
>>
>> ie:
>>
>> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application
>> Data\Microsoft\Crypto
>>
>> delete the crypto folder. it will creates as you delete it.
>>
>> now PcAnyWhere works correctly.!
>>
>> Regards
>> Reza Toghraee
>> ---