ASRock Reveals New High-End 990FX Extreme9 Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]High-End and AMD should never be used in the same sentence.[/citation]

If it can be OC'ed, then there will be demand for motherboards that support OCing...

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]amuffin[/nom]There are many AM3+ boards that can OC fine......[/citation]

There's no such thing as "fine" OCing. There's always a need to go a few Mhz further, even if it means lighting a wallet on fire...

azraa

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
[citation][nom]Soul_keeper[/nom]I can't wait till AMD updates their socket/chipsetbring on the die shrink and commodity features like pcie 3.0[/citation]
+1 to that
Cant wait, AM3 and AM3+ have been around for quite some time, and I feel that the chipsets and the socket are major factors holding AMD's performance back. IF they put together an Excavator+New socket launch, I will be so very interesting in acquiring such a machine, after studying the benchmarks.

zakaron

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
[citation][nom]serginho[/nom]Why is there 2xUSB 2.0 ports color red?[/citation]
The red indicates that extra current is supplied to those ports to allow for charging of high draw devices (ie: tablets) over and above the 500mA spec. Gigabyte has ones that supply 1500mA and are also "hot" when the system is off, so you don't need the PC running to charge your device. Hope that helps.

3ogdy

Distinguished
ASRock for a high-end build? Nope, thank you.
Like it or not, ASRock has been and will always be a low-end /budget company to me.
Need anything high-end? Get ASUS, Gigabyte or something else. Even if the quality of the board is very good, I wouldn't get ASRock - I had stupid problems with their products in the past - on low-end hardware, that's right, but still - cheap companies sometimes put their customers into more trouble than they'd ever get in by just buying from a different manufacturer.
Maybe something special/a nice must-have addition in the bells&whistles department would make someone buy their high-end products, otherwise I see no reason to.
But hey, competition is always good for the customer so keep up the great work ASRock!

G

You do know 3ogdy, that until 2011 AsRock was nothing but low end Asus, right? They only recently became their own company, and actually have a lower failure rate than Asus now.

bnot

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2007
Support for 64GB of Memory along with the high Core count of AMD Processors makes
this a useful Board for VMWare and Linux. Competition is good and this Board is not bad.

> yet another board claiming 4 way support that can't realisticly do it. Who wants to 4way xfire a 7750 ?

A 4x7750 setup is not the only choice.

There are a few dual GPU Cards available, try two of these:
http://www.asus.com/ROG/ARES26GD5/

Status
Not open for further replies.