ELCB tripping while turning on computer

46cpkx32

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
My computer was connected to the UPS(My UPS was connected to power for charging) during a heavy thunderstorm... During the thunderstorm my elcb tripped... i had to turn off my ups power to revert the elcb, otherwise it kept on tripping... but later when i tried to turn on the computer, the minute i connect it to power the elcb trips.... i thought it was the problem with the ups... but when i connected my computer directly to power also the elcb Tripped... Cant seem to figure out the problem :( ... HELP!!!

46cpkx32

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2006
Somebody please help!!! when i connect the computer to power, the elcb trips but during the short period of time the LED on the motherbord also lightens up.. that means the smps is delivering power to the motherboard.... but i guess there should be some earth leakage. During the thunderstorm my computer was connected to the ups and the ups was kept for charging... so if any problem had to arise due some lightning strike then it had to occour with the UPS thus protecting my system, i am actully bewildered on what actually happened to the system.

woshitudou

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2006
Try unplugging some case fans and your dvd drive and see if it still trips. The initial surge to turn everything on at once may be tripping it.

TRENDING THREADS