Photo is Layered after scanning??

Hi all,

I'm using a Dell Dimension 2350/ Pentium 4/ windows XP/ 2033Mhtz/ 256
Ram/ HP-psc 2175 all-in-one scanner/ and Adobe Photo Deluxe-1996.

After scanning the photo the image presented is layered and disconnected.

When trying to insert titles it is hard to know where the words will end up.
Any assistance will be most appreciated
remove MYNOSE to reply
Thanks
John.

John Gilmour <john835@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm using a Dell Dimension 2350/ Pentium 4/ windows XP/ 2033Mhtz/
>256
>Ram/ HP-psc 2175 all-in-one scanner/ and Adobe Photo Deluxe-1996.
>
>After scanning the photo the image presented is layered and
>disconnected.
>
>When trying to insert titles it is hard to know where the words will
>end up.
>Any assistance will be most appreciated
>remove MYNOSE to reply
That was already obvious, seeing one of your headers shows:
"From: John Gilmour <john835@sympatico.ca>"

>Thanks
>John.

Please explain what is a "layered image" - layers present like in
Photoshop?
And also what is a "disconnected image" ?
I want to learn.

--
Regards, Alex

Hi Alex,

The photo is presented as horizontal 1/4" slices, some overlapping the
other.
Disconnected Image = Top horizontal slice of photo covering bottom of photo.
Thanks, remove MYNOSE to reply
John

Alex Stols wrote:

> Please explain what is a "layered image" - layers present like in
> Photoshop?
> And also what is a "disconnected image" ?
> I want to learn.
>
> --
> Regards, Alex

Hello John,
That seems to be serious trouble! To me it looks like your scanner
refuses to behave, although there might be a chance that the software
is letting you down - the scan software.
If your scanner is supported by Vuescan (the 2170 is), you could try
to see if you get normal images with Vuescan. The trial is free, at
the highest resulution it has a watermark... Go to
http://www.hamrick.com/
I wish you success!

--
Regards, Alex

Thanks for your suggestion Alex,

I was able to find a solution within my own software.
Regards,
John remove MYNOSE to reply