deleting virtual drive letter

December 1, 2004 9:57:03 PM

On my WinXP PC for some reason I have a drive in Explorer called F:,
but I only have one hard drive. The F drive is empty, so I think
someone somehow got a virtual drive name or something but it's really
just nothing. How do I delete this so it does not show up in File
Explorer, or to keep Norton Disk or Defrag from asking how to deal
with this drive? I just want it to go away.

More about : deleting virtual drive letter

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 5:05:04 AM

Try:
Start | Run | Subst F: /d

"fear" wrote:

> On my WinXP PC for some reason I have a drive in Explorer called F:,
> but I only have one hard drive. The F drive is empty, so I think
> someone somehow got a virtual drive name or something but it's really
> just nothing. How do I delete this so it does not show up in File
> Explorer, or to keep Norton Disk or Defrag from asking how to deal
> with this drive? I just want it to go away.

Anonymous
December 2, 2004 10:41:45 PM

"fear" <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
> On my WinXP PC for some reason I have a drive in Explorer called F:,
> but I only have one hard drive. The F drive is empty, so I think
> someone somehow got a virtual drive name or something but it's really
> just nothing. How do I delete this so it does not show up in File
> Explorer, or to keep Norton Disk or Defrag from asking how to deal
> with this drive? I just want it to go away.

Right click it and select Properties. Does that give you any hints?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com