deleting virtual drive letter

On my WinXP PC for some reason I have a drive in Explorer called F:,
but I only have one hard drive. The F drive is empty, so I think
someone somehow got a virtual drive name or something but it's really
just nothing. How do I delete this so it does not show up in File
Explorer, or to keep Norton Disk or Defrag from asking how to deal
with this drive? I just want it to go away.
2 answers Last reply
More about deleting virtual drive letter

    Try:
    Start | Run | Subst F: /d

    "fear" <gregf@kcls.org> wrote in message
    > On my WinXP PC for some reason I have a drive in Explorer called F:,
    > but I only have one hard drive. The F drive is empty, so I think
    > someone somehow got a virtual drive name or something but it's really
    > just nothing. How do I delete this so it does not show up in File
    > Explorer, or to keep Norton Disk or Defrag from asking how to deal
    > with this drive? I just want it to go away.

    Right click it and select Properties. Does that give you any hints?

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

Explorer Windows XP