108 Mbps Cardbus/USB Adapters that accept external antennae

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Appreciate a list. I currently have a SMC Barricade 7904WBRA. Should I
stick with SMC.

Thanks.

Archived from groups: (More info?)

On 27 Sep 2005 07:07:14 -0700, "baduser"
<michael.l.thornton@gmail.com> wrote:

>Appreciate a list. I currently have a SMC Barricade 7904WBRA. Should I
>stick with SMC.

Your SMC 7904WBRA is an ADSL wireless router that does NOT support
108MBit/sec enhancements to 802.11g. You would be wasteing your money
buying something faster then 54Mbits/sec unless you also replace your
existing 7904WBRA.

Offhand, I don't know of any USB adapters that have easily attachable
external antennas. However, if you search Google Groups for articles
on "USB antenna", you'll probably find quite a few modifications and
do it thyself adaptations.

# 831.336.2558 voice Skype: JeffLiebermann
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
# http://802.11junk.com
# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
# jeffl@cruzio.com