Removal .exe file

I have a DrTemp folder that shows up on my desktop, which contains an .exe
file.
How do I remove/uninstall it? It doesn't show up in the Add/Remove
Programs, unless it's embedded in something?

Any clues?

Thank you.

Karen,

If it's just a single file, deleting it would be enough. Some applications come with uninstaller utility, which is generally found in the corresponding folder.

OTOH, if you have Installed the particular program (which you're talking about), consult the documentation and the product manufacturer's site for the uninstallation routine.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"Karen Hargray" <khargray@bellsouth.net@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:eK5i0tB2EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
I have a DrTemp folder that shows up on my desktop, which contains an ..exe
file.
How do I remove/uninstall it? It doesn't show up in the Add/Remove
Programs, unless it's embedded in something?

Any clues?

Thank you.

Thank you...BUT I haven't installed anything recently.

It showed up on my desktop unannounced. I've deleted it but it keeps
returning. My suspicion is possibly... chat rooms?

Any further suggestions?

> Thank you...BUT I haven't installed anything recently.
>
> It showed up on my desktop unannounced. I've deleted it but it keeps
> returning. My suspicion is possibly... chat rooms?
>
> Any further suggestions?
>
> "Ramesh [MVP]" <ramesh@nojunkmails.com@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Karen,
>
> If it's just a single file, deleting it would be enough. Some
> applications come with uninstaller utility, which is generally found
> in the corresponding folder.
>
> OTOH, if you have Installed the particular program (which you're
> talking about), consult the documentation and the product
> manufacturer's site for the uninstallation routine.

Eliminate any scumware.
CAUTION!!!!! Before you try to remove spyware using any of these programs ,
download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites:
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm
(if your OS is Win2k or XP) The process of removing certain malware may kill
your internet connection. If this should occur, this program, LSPFIX, will
enable you to regain your connection.

See
Dealing with Unwanted Malware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

Note that AdAware and SpyBot S & D will each catch some things the other
won't. Also, each needs to be updated with the program's update function
before every use, even when just downloaded. There's also a lot more to do
than just those two programs. CWShredder is also available here:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/cwshredder.zip
**Post your HijackThis log to
http://forums.spywareinfo.com/ or the Spyware forum at
http://forum.aumha.org/ for expert analysis, not here.**
Alternative download pages for Ad-Aware, Spybot, HijackThis and CWShredder
may be found on this page:
http://aumha.org/a/parasite.htm.

See this link for information about malware:
http://arstechnica.com/articles/paedia/malware.ars

If nothing there helps, please post back to this thread.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Thank you for the suggestions and assistance.

You're welcome.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com