PDH-NicFury

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2006
I'm switching from AMD to Intel, new mobo/cpu/ram... except the HDD's if possible. I have two 36GB Raptors with WindowsXP-SP2 in RAID 0, and I would like to keep the data on them. Can I just hook them to the SATA ports and go or do I need to take intermediate steps to make it work? I'm sure I need to enable the SATA ports in the BIOS, but will I need to install drivers? If anyone can give me some useful info, I'd really appreciate it.

Switching to: Intel C2D E6600 cpu, ABIT AW9D mobo, DDR2-800 ram.

wflame

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2006
I am guess in that you are using an onboard Raid controller for your Raid 0. When you move the drives to the new MB you will have to rebuild the raid on the new controller which will result in loss of all data. So you will have to backup all your data before you rebuild your system and reinstall windows on new system.

But that way I see it you should reinstall windows with this type of Hardware upgrade any way.

godman

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2006
hes right, back it up to disc or another HDD (data that is not programs) wipe the data off the raptors and woosh! there you go tranfer the data after loading windwos and setting up the new raid array and there you go! :mrgreen: