bluetooth services & XP SP2

February 6, 2005 1:20:04 PM

after updating to SP2 my belkin f8t001 & IPAQ1940 not longer get allong.
Prior to SP2 updat everything perfect.
Now the only service that is available is p - attempting to connect does
nothing.
Both PC & ipaq have all updates to s/ware os & rom .
Have tested ipaq & dongle on win 2000 maching works 100%
Any one got any suggestions?

More about : bluetooth services sp2

Anonymous
February 6, 2005 1:20:05 PM

I have not tried the Belkin USB Bluetooth dongle with XP SP2. However,
my Dell notebook has integrated Bluetooth with XP SP2 installed and
works ok with a Pocket PC. Couple of ideas you can try:

0. Build a XP restore point before trying either of these ideas...

1. Turn off the XP SP2 firewall to see if it is the culprit.

2. Re-instsall the Belkin Bluetooth stack.
--
Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info

Graeme wrote:
> after updating to SP2 my belkin f8t001 & IPAQ1940 not longer get allong.
> Prior to SP2 updat everything perfect.
> Now the only service that is available is p - attempting to connect does
> nothing.
> Both PC & ipaq have all updates to s/ware os & rom .
> Have tested ipaq & dongle on win 2000 maching works 100%
> Any one got any suggestions?

February 7, 2005 11:28:32 PM

thanks Todd
have already tried both
I'm trying to get another dongle to test - might have to use an old PC for
the task.

"Todd Ogasawara, Mobile Devices MVP" <Todd_MSN@NOSPAMmsn.com> wrote in
message news:o 7ghelHDFHA.1084@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I have not tried the Belkin USB Bluetooth dongle with XP SP2. However, my
>Dell notebook has integrated Bluetooth with XP SP2 installed and works ok
>with a Pocket PC. Couple of ideas you can try:
>
> 0. Build a XP restore point before trying either of these ideas...
>
> 1. Turn off the XP SP2 firewall to see if it is the culprit.
>
> 2. Re-instsall the Belkin Bluetooth stack.
> --
> Todd Ogasawara, MS-MVP/Mobile Devices
> Online Editor - http://MobileViews.com/ -- PDA & Wireless Info
> http://www.OgasaWalrus.com/MobileDot/ - Brief News & Comments
>

> Graeme wrote:
>> after updating to SP2 my belkin f8t001 & IPAQ1940 not longer get allong.
>> Prior to SP2 updat everything perfect.
>> Now the only service that is available is p - attempting to connect does
>> nothing.
>> Both PC & ipaq have all updates to s/ware os & rom .
>> Have tested ipaq & dongle on win 2000 maching works 100%
>> Any one got any suggestions?

Anonymous
February 8, 2005 10:10:18 AM

This is because the BT Service Pack 2 has taken over the Bluetooth
control....

Just reinstall the Belkin Bluetooth Software, and follow the instructions on
this thread: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?ForumId=8&TopicId=...

http://www.geekzone.co.nz
http://www.geekmac.com

news:o t6QNCRDFHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...