"Strange" e-mails

For the past month or so I get one or more e-mails almost every day with
both the sender and the subject line made up of (usually) long strings of
mostly accented characters. I have never opened any of these, and so far
none have contained attachments. If I right-click and look at the
properties, they seem to travel via a rather round about route before
getting to me.

Anyone have any idea what these are and where they come from?

You should delete any email that you have no idea who sent it
to you. You have nothing to gain except perhaps becoming
infected with a virus.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

On Thu, 02 Dec 2004 14:57:44 GMT, "Cooter" <cooter@msn.com> wrote:
>For the past month or so I get one or more e-mails almost every day with
>both the sender and the subject line made up of (usually) long strings of
>mostly accented characters. I have never opened any of these, and so far

Lucky you... I get between a dozen and 3 dozen every day

Use a product like MailWasher to screen messages before you download,
so there is no way a virus will even reach your computer
http://www.mailwasher.net/

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith