Blinx636

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2006
Alright, I've been having some BSOD issues for the past few months now. They used to occur seldom, maybe once every two weeks, if that. All of the sudden, however, I have them once or twice a night! Usually when I am playing a game (World of Warcraft is the most common culprit). The errors are (in order of occurrence):

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_OR_LESS_EQUAL
Stop: 0x000000D1

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Stop: 0x00000050

BAD_POOL_CALLER
Stop: 0x000000c2

The first is the most common, while the other two happen on occasion. I can provide further parameters if necessary.

I gathered from google the errors and stop numbers, that I probably have bad RAM, as for each of them, Faulty Ram is listed as a cause. However, when XP does start back up, it says "A Serious System error Has Occurred" and I send error report, making Opera pop up saying "Crash caused by Device Driver". The only problem is, in the field where it should say WHICH device driver caused it, it says UNKNOWN, how helpful! So I used the tool which checks which drivers are unsigned (the name escapes me at the moment) and all the drivers that pop-up are ones that I know and trust.

I am currently running MemTest86+ v1.65 on that computer (this is my laptop) and it has made 3 passes so far with 0 errors.

...Wha? I was CERTAIN that my problem was faulty RAM, and now MemTest is proving me wrong. Should I let it run for a few more passes?

If the RAM is not the problem, what is!?

By the way, I have 1 GB RAM, DDR333. If you need more information about my specs or anything, just say so!

Mondoman

Splendid
memtest86+ is not the be-all and end-all. Download PRIME95 and run one copy per core in stress-test mode.
You might be having issues with overheating - do you have any temp info?

TRENDING THREADS