Lite On SHW 160P6S drive writing problems. ...

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I just finished building my first rig and have just tried to copy stuff to a cdrw disc. Unfortunately, I cannot copy and paste stuff onto the disc and burn the cd. I have tried copying videos to it through the Nero program supplied with it. It only put the Video cd data on it and no video. I do not know if the disc drivers are installed properly although I did install the nero software.

The drive does playback DVD's, music cd's, data cd's, games, and software. I can't burn anything though...

Can anyone help me with this???

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
when open the nero select the type media you want to burn
data,video,musicand what else has nero.
you can not burn video in a cd that you select it for music or data.
choose more careful the type of cd you want burn,
keep in mind if you select music cd you can burn only music or better you can paste only music fileson cd.
if that does wor use other burning software.
i recommend recordnow max.
http://www.download.com/3000-2646_4-10066409.html

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I did get a cd to burn through Nero. I am curious as to why I can't just drag and drop in my computer. If I try to do that it says that "this disc is read only" and won't burn anything to it. I don't know if it is because the drive comes with software compared to my old dell where I could basically drag and drop without any 3rd party software.

Let me know what you have to say....

TPLAT

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Do you have DLA, to check go into my computer and right click on your burner then click on properties and if you have a DLA tab check in that to see if its enabled also if you have a recording tab check and see if cd recording is enable.

bacis

Distinguished
May 29, 2005
hi.
althoug i am not sure about it here is a tipthat you can try out.
in nero select data disc,and try then drag and drop.
i do not thinkthats hardware problem.
it is software problem.
did you try other burning software?
if after all you are not able to drag and drop, use the option
add file.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
It isn't a problem with Nero. I can't drag and drop stuff directly to the disc drive like I am used to on my dell. I can burn stuff through Nero without problems, I was just curious as to why windows won't let me burn stuff through windows itself.

TPLAT

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
Make sure cd recording is enabled on your burner also have you tried right clicking on what you want to copy then click on send to and it should list available drive that you can burn it to.

rabidbunny

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
yeahl, all that won't show up. I tried copying and pasting (which should work) and it says that it won't burn to this disc because it's non recordable (when it is)

I DID burn a game for a friend using the Nero software without problems. I haven't tried burning something from windows media player yet.

My friend told me that he has a Lite on drive and with his you can only burn stuff by using the supplied Nero software ......

Well, whatever it is, it works fine with Nero.
When I get a second drive later on, I won't go with Lite on, but probably Memorex or some other brand instead...