cheesey

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2005
:D Thanks to all who have posted and answered post here in THGF, I just completed building my new system. It runs geat right now, Ive learned alot and my daughter (10 years old) thinks Im some sort of computer genius now. Again, a huge thanks to all!!!! :D :D

BobA

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2003
:D Thanks to all who have posted and answered post here in THGF, I just completed building my new system. It runs geat right now, Ive learned alot and my daughter (10 years old) thinks Im some sort of computer genius now. Again, a huge thanks to all!!!! :D :D

--------------------------

I know the feeling. I did my first build last Nov.

It took about 12 hours spread over three weekends.

When I finally turned it on, and all the fans were humming, I yelled "It's Alive!"

I was 59 at the time, and my friends of the same age or older are astonished I did this. Some can't fathom why I didn't just buy a Dell.

I get asked to help diagnose computer problems all the time. My response is always the same: "Well, it might be this or that. You need to take it in for service".

It would be different if someone who had built a computer or who was planning to build one was to ask me for help. Then I certainly would give it.

-Bob

Dahak

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2006
Lol.Congradulations my friend on your first DIY build.It scares the heck out of you the first few times,but after tackling several problems and coming out on top,you get used to it.My daughter feels the same way about me.Grinzzzz.Anyways,again congrads,and I hope all your builds go as well as this one.Yes I've built several systems over the last few years and I've had the heck scared out of me a few times.Even managed to kill a couple cpu's the first build I did.So I understand the feeling well.Enjoy and Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2-4400+@2.4 S-939
EVGA NF4 SLI MB
2X7800GT IN SLI
2X1GIG DDR IN DC MODE
WD300GIG HD
EXTREME 19IN.MONITOR 1280X1024
ACE 520WATT PSU

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Great feeling eh? Congratz!!

I know what you mean.....my little girl now says "Daddy fix 'puter" whenever she sees me cleaning it or tweaking. Funny stuff.

TSIMonster

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
lol, I know what you guys mean. My younger cousin was like" Dude, this is so cool! You could make alot of money selling these!" I just laughed . . .