Marion

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

Who knows whether a 64k or 32k SIM card is proper for this phone and why? Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

It wont matter, it just depends how many 'stored' names you want..
"Marion" <dema@tds.net> wrote in message
> Who knows whether a 64k or 32k SIM card is proper for this phone and why?
> Thanks

ann

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I recently changed phones and was told by CIngular that the 64k card would
allow the phones to access AT&T towers whereas using the old 32k card would
not.

"Marion" <dema@tds.net> wrote in message
> Who knows whether a 64k or 32k SIM card is proper for this phone and why?
> Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

That's NOT correct. Old SIMs will roam on ATTWS. New SIMs have ENS, which
treats ATTWS as a Home network. The difference isn't significant in most
cases.

In <41a3ae2e$0$91012$39cecf19@news.twtelecom.net> on Tue, 23 Nov 2004 16:42:17
-0500, "Ann" <nospam@netzero.com> wrote:

>I recently changed phones and was told by CIngular that the 64k card would
>allow the phones to access AT&T towers whereas using the old 32k card would
>not.
>
>"Marion" <dema@tds.net> wrote in message

>> Who knows whether a 64k or 32k SIM card is proper for this phone and why?
>> Thanks

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

I have a generic V3 and an ATTW V505 (unlocked.)
I installed a Cingular 64K SIM in the V3 and I roams in ATTW.
(I live in the NYC area where there are no Cingular Towers).
I installed the Cingular 64K SIMin the V505... and it shows that I am
in Cingular area.
I tried this SIM on a Samsung D500... and It showed that I am in
"Cingular Extend".
The reason for these displays... in not very clear to me.
But what I did found out is that; the D500 and the V505 are not able to
Log into Cingular GPRS, (the setting are correct), and the V3 can not
send MMS messages (although it can log into Cingular GPRS).

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.motorola,alt.cellular.cingular (More info?)

In <1107267264.949803.226610@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 1 Feb 2005
06:14:24 -0800, "robertg" <robert@titogryn.com> wrote:

>I have a generic V3 and an ATTW V505 (unlocked.)
>I installed a Cingular 64K SIM in the V3 and I roams in ATTW.

It will roam on ATTWS even with a 32K SIM.