Mozilla 1.4 - connection refused

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
I always get "connection refused when attempting to connect to ..." with any website entered in the address bar. I am using a router. Are there some ports that need to be opened? I can't get Mozilla to work even when I put the computer in DMZ. Internet Explorer works fine.

I try to escape the Internet Explorer demon, but it keeps pulling me back in!

*edit part about IE*
<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jp5 on 09/07/03 07:14 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Dev

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2001
Sounds like you need to set up the DNS servers for your connection. These numbers can be gotten from your ISP.

Or you can just use 4.2.2.2 :)

I think .1, .2, .3 and .4 are all valid, but I always use .2

Dev

---
My Sig:
))
(( ___________________
|||_____________|_____|

JP5

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2003
OK, I figured out what the problem was. It was crazy and I never would have guessed it. I do not have Zone Alarm on or in startup. But last time I ran it, I set "ad blocking" to medium.

I went to a website and saw there were X's where there should have been JPEGs. I noticed this was the same thing that Zone Alarm does. So I started up zone alarm, set ad blocking to off, then closed it. This made the sites pop up normally.

I said, hmm, and stated up Mozilla and Opera. Both work now! Crazy! Somehow Zone Alarm had set up some weird proxy even though it was not on.