Ping - Request Timed Out

Last response: in Wireless Networking
September 22, 2005 11:36:51 PM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hi All,

I want to share my observation on professional Wireless Access Points
(D-Link,Linksys etc) and request some comments from you guys on the
following issue.

I connected my Windows XP professional laptop (HP centrino) to one of
the above mentioned AP.
Now, I started pinging to the IP address of this AP using "ping -t <IP
of AP>".
Everything runs fine for 10-15 mins, but after that I see some "Request
Timed Outs" or comaprtively larger response time(25- 30 msec) after
every 20-30 packets.

Did you guys find this kind of stuff ever with your systems or any idea
what's going wrong?

Rgds
Abhi

More about : ping request timed

Anonymous
September 23, 2005 10:53:22 AM

Archived from groups: (More info?)

> I want to share my observation on professional Wireless Access Points
> (D-Link,Linksys etc) and request some comments from you guys on the
> following issue.

Precisely which access points are you referring to here?

> Everything runs fine for 10-15 mins, but after that I see some "Request
> Timed Outs" or comaprtively larger response time(25- 30 msec) after
> every 20-30 packets.

What's the environment, how hot, how far away is the laptop, what's in
between, what else goes on around you?

David.
!