Are MC and MMX antenna connectors (about) the same?

Archived from groups: (More info?)

My wireless equipment is most Buffalo stuff. From a lookup at
www.wlanantennas.com, the WBR-G54 router I have apparently has an MMX
antenna jack and the WLI-CB-G54 PC card has an MC antenna jack. The two
different jacks look amazingly similiar even from looking with a
magnifying glass. Can I use pigtails with MC connectors on both the MMX
jack and the MC jack?

On 12 Aug 2005 04:59:09 -0700, mukeige@yahoo.co.jp wrote:

>My wireless equipment is most Buffalo stuff. From a lookup at
>www.wlanantennas.com, the WBR-G54 router I have apparently has an MMX
>antenna jack and the WLI-CB-G54 PC card has an MC antenna jack. The two
>different jacks look amazingly similiar even from looking with a
>magnifying glass. Can I use pigtails with MC connectors on both the MMX
>jack and the MC jack?

No, the MC is different enough to not fit the MMX.

I have a buffalo PCMCIA card and learned the hard way =)