Extending range of wireless router

Archived from groups: (More info?)

I have recently bought a 54Mbps 4 Port Wireless Cable/DSL Broadband
Router/Access Point 802.11g by Safecom.
http://safecom.cn/code/sub/category.asp?prdid=158&subcatid=2

According to the website, it uses a 2 dBi antenna. As this is
detachable, could I use a better antenna such as a 3 dBi to gain an
extra 50% coverage in my house? Is the power output from the router
enough to provide the extra coverage?

I am also thinking of buying a wireless repeater -
http://www.d-link.co.uk/?go=gNTyP9Cip9RLIC4AStFCF834mptYKu5YTtvhLPG3yV3oVI53j64uPJkjMqZh6D4s
Will this also extend the wireless range or shall I stick to buying an
antenna?

Thanks a lot... any help would be really helpful
Sho
1 answer Last reply
More about extending range wireless router
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    > Will this also extend the wireless range or shall I stick to buying an
    > antenna?

    Antenna and you'll need 6dB gain to double the distance.

Connectivity Wireless Wireless Router Wireless Networking