Desktop Refreshing Issue?

jedinegotiator

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
I have a problem and I cant seem to figure out whats causing it. I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate. Something strange is going on and as far as I can tell it only happens on the desktop. When ever I delete a file, folder, or shortcut from the desktop it still shows on the desktop until I manually refresh it. This also applies for moving files of the desktop to another location. It still shows as on the desktop until I refresh.

I have tried Google but its wisdom isnt helping me so I came to the pros in hope that someone would be able to shed some light.

jedinegotiator

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011

Someone? Anyone?

jedinegotiator

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2011
65 reads and no reply....

Well turns out I found out myself.

I did a lot of googling and found lots of things to try like things in the registry but nothing worked. Today I stumbled upon something that actually did work.

If there are others that have this issue try doing a Disk Check. It took about 5 hours on my 1TB drive but it worked.

Go to my computer and right click your main OS drive (usually (C:)). Click properties and then go to the tools tab and click the check for errors button. A dialogue box will open. Select both ticks and click ok. You will have to restart your computer and then it will do the check.

This will take a while depending on the size of the drive so overnight is best.