hondacr123

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2006
I have read that they are great overclockers. I would recommed that card only if you cant get an evga. Also you might want to trhink about getting that pcie now considering agp is dead.

Mach5Motorsport

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2003
For $159, www.overclockers.co.uk is taking pre-orders on the X1950 PRO AGP, which will destroy the 7600 GT:

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/ATI_AGP_Graphics_Cards.html

should be available in a month or so... and well worth the extra money.

Price: £159.99 (£187.99 Including VAT at 17.5%) , not $159.

352.938 USD it's too much. It has to worth it. When benches are out, we'll see.

I think I'll pass on ordering overseas and wait for the North American release. It should be much cheaper than having to pay extra for the VAT! :wink:

desolationw

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2006
it is a good card, but i would recommend you save for a new system like you have said.

if you need a g-card right now then maybe go with a cheaper one that will tide you over for a while.

but if you are set on getting this one, then go for it as you won't be disappointed.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
When benches are out, we'll see.

Same benches as the X1950 PRO PCIe, which are out.

The AGP bus will have a negligable effect on performance.
I didn´t say the agp bus would bottleneck anything. Just said that wasn´t the right price, and letting go of 355 bucks in agp when I see used Gainwards Bliss+ for 250€ on local sites 8O .... We have to compare both.

ghostwalker

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2006
Thanks for your help guys. I've gone ahead and bought the card. Installing it tonight after work :D

The only other thing is that I can't seem to find the latest drivers for it. On the Nvidia site it doesn't seem to support the AGP version of the 7600GT anymore. Just the PCI-e. Even on Leadtek's own site they don't seem to have any drivers for it either.

Obviously I've got the drivers that came with the card but what if I want to update? Or do you think the latest 7600GT drivers won't really make a difference compared with the bundled ones?

Any suggestions?

cleeve

Illustrious
Gainwards Bliss+ for 250€ on local sites 8O .... We have to compare both.

The Bliss+ is a 7900GT, so look for X1950 PRO vs 7900GT benches.

The X1950 will be right on par, I'd wager... better at some things, not quite as good at others - and for much cheaper.

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Good point. It comes with the 91.32 drivers.

Well, those are whql, they should be good.
I wouldn´t change it unless they give you some kind of problem (dvd playback lock ups, games not running well, etc)

I advise you to search at guru3d forum. But beware of some posters. They can kill for one more fps or two points in 3d mark. Don´t bee fooled :wink: