Creating a "service" from a regular program (to auto load)

Is there a way to make a regular program load as a service, that way in runs
automatically when the computer starts (even before logging in)? Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about creating service regular program auto load

    Hi,
    I don't quite understand why would you like your program to run as a
    service?

    You can run a program with a System account if you put it in a Startup
    script:
    Group Policy (gpedit.msc) / Computer Configuration / Windows Settings /
    Scripts / Startup

    Maybe it would be easier if you told us what do you want to do ?

    For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    --
    Best Regards,
    Matija Hrovat

    "skulmat" <skulmat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to make a regular program load as a service, that way in
    > runs
    > automatically when the computer starts (even before logging in)? Thanks

    Hi,
    I don't quite understand why would you like your program to run as a
    service?

    You can run a program with a System account if you put it in a Startup
    script:
    Group Policy (gpedit.msc) / Computer Configuration / Windows Settings /
    Scripts / Startup

    Maybe it would be easier if you told us what do you want to do ?

    For direct e-mailing remove "-spam" from my e-mail address
    --
    Best Regards,
    Matija Hrovat

    "skulmat" <skulmat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a way to make a regular program load as a service, that way in
    > runs
    > automatically when the computer starts (even before logging in)? Thanks

    Look at http://nicoware.net/software/products/serviceplus

    /Ole

Login Computers Microsoft Windows XP