Looking for input on Tsunami Dream case...

jonkc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Hey all,

I currently have a Broadway Com Corp case as seen HERE except mine is black. I am looking to get a better case with better cooling and less noise. I am looking at the Tsunami Dream as a replacement. I like the price and the 120mm fans as well as the style. I am going to be replacing the rear fan with a 120mm Radiator and fan for my watercooling setup. Any thoughts or alternatives?

Thanks in advance
JonC

ben_the_man

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2004
I have this case... One of the prettiest Ive ever owned. Really nice looking. However, you get the feeling its cheap when you handle it. The screwless expansion card holders are garbage, everything's loose. And besides the solid front door, the case feels flimsy. The mobo tray doesnt come out, but everything else does. Overall, I'd give it a 4/5... airflow is adaquate and its sooo gorgeous.

Have you seen this case?
coolermaster

I've also bought it before. That little thingy on the front is blue backlit, and it looks A LOT like the one you have, although I thought it was much better designed. It doesn't come with a window, but you can order them separately for like another $25 if you really want one.

Both cases are nice, I thought the coolermaster was better made tho

Ben

Rick_in_Oregon

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
I have 2 and obviousy like them. 1 silver and 1 black and they both look good. Lots of room for just about anything you want to do. Yes it does have a slightly "flimsy" feel to it but I think its because it's so light being made of aluminum. I haven't had any troubles with the screwless expansion card clips but have heard that some have. About the only thing I don't care for is the placement of the extra usb and audio connections which live under a pop up door in the top of the case. I would have prefered them elsewhere.

jonkc

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2006
Thank you all for the input...

That coolermaster looks pretty much the same, but I like the side window and don't feel like shelling out ~140 plus shipping.

As for the Aurora, it is a full tower and I am looking for a mid tower.

Aluminum tends to transmit fan vibrations instead of damping them. Invest in some silicone gaskets. At $4 a pair how can you go wrong?

Vantec silicone fan gaskets

I will be getting a few of these for sure, thanks for that!

JonC