picilo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
I was told by a friend that in my BIOS my pci express clock shoud be set to 133 mhz, rather than 100mhz. Now i loaded the optimized settings through the BIOS and it stayed at 100mhz? I was wondering if he was right and i should set it to 133mhz? I do not want to hurn my card or mmobo in any way so i fugured i would ask you guys and get a third opinion.

thanks,

picilo

my system:
3200 Venice
ABIT KN8 939
1GB Patriot RAM
80GB SATAII WD hard drive
X800GTO with the r430 chip :(
430 watt thermaltake PS
NEC Dual layer DVD burner
5.1 soundblaster sound card
Raidmax ATX case

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
Your friend is wrong. There's no need for that and you will most likely have problems. In fact, when people overclock their systems they usually lock down the PCI-E X16 slot so it doesn't OC with the rest of the system. Video cards are best overclocked through software like Coolbits, ATITool, and with BIOS flashes and voltage mods. You could easily destroy your card with the latter and I wouldn't recommend it without doing some serious research.

picilo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
Thank you very much! I was wondering about that....I did not trust him seeing is how he told me to put my RAM into slot 1 and 3 to make it dual channel. Now i know on alot of mobo's that would be correct, but i had happend to read the manual for my ABIT, and its 1 and 2. he put them in 1 and 3 and said trust me the manual is wrong......... I simply went into cpu-z and showed him that my dual channel RAM is now running in single channel mode. LOL i put it back into 1 and 2 and cpu-z showed dual channel. Any way, no more advice from him. LOL laterz and thanks again.

pic