How to get the LAN IP of a machine ...

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Hello, I just purchased a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. My problem is
that I have two machines hooked up to it -- one of which is a Linux
Fedora Core 2 box whose video card is shot. Short of replacing it,
does anyone know how I can determine its LAN IP address (e.g.
192.168.0.101) through the router's admin panel? I am trying to make
contact with that machine, but I do not know which destination IP I
need to enter when I open a port in the router's firewall.

Thanks for your help, - Dave
3 answers Last reply
More about machine
  1. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    if it is setup for DHCP look for status and it should show all connected
    machines...

    <laredotornado@zipmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello, I just purchased a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. My problem is
    > that I have two machines hooked up to it -- one of which is a Linux
    > Fedora Core 2 box whose video card is shot. Short of replacing it,
    > does anyone know how I can determine its LAN IP address (e.g.
    > 192.168.0.101) through the router's admin panel? I am trying to make
    > contact with that machine, but I do not know which destination IP I
    > need to enter when I open a port in the router's firewall.
    >
    > Thanks for your help, - Dave

  2. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    On 27 Sep 2005 15:20:24 -0700, laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:

    >Hello, I just purchased a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. My problem is
    >that I have two machines hooked up to it -- one of which is a Linux
    >Fedora Core 2 box whose video card is shot. Short of replacing it,
    >does anyone know how I can determine its LAN IP address (e.g.
    >192.168.0.101) through the router's admin panel? I am trying to make
    >contact with that machine, but I do not know which destination IP I
    >need to enter when I open a port in the router's firewall.

    See the DHCP page in the DI-524:
    http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/h_dhcp.html
    The list at the bottom will show all the DHCP assigned clients.
    You'll need to know the MAC address of your Linux box. It's either
    printed on the ethernet card or on the motherboard. If it's not easy
    to find, just use process of elimination with the other machines
    leaving only the Linux box.

    # 831.336.2558 voice Skype: JeffLiebermann
    # http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
    # http://802.11junk.com
    # jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
    # jeffl@cruzio.com
  3. Archived from groups: (More info?)

    Can you connect to the D-Link and check the DHCP and see what one's
    are in use/have been issued but the router???

    laredotornado@zipmail.com wrote:

    >Hello, I just purchased a D-Link Di-524 wireless router. My problem is
    >that I have two machines hooked up to it -- one of which is a Linux
    >Fedora Core 2 box whose video card is shot. Short of replacing it,
    >does anyone know how I can determine its LAN IP address (e.g.
    >192.168.0.101) through the router's admin panel? I am trying to make
    >contact with that machine, but I do not know which destination IP I
    >need to enter when I open a port in the router's firewall.
    >
    >Thanks for your help, - Dave

Configuration Wireless Networking