FTP problems

[WinXP Home SP1 - ZA Pro - Norton 2005]
It seems that I am unable to access FTP addresses using IE6.1 or Getright.
I did manage to download files from ftp sites only using CuteFTP 6.0 and
only after I disabled the WinXP Firewall. The ZA permissions seem normal -
the same I use on a Win98 machine that behaves fine. I tried disabling
Norton 2005 Internet Worm protection - but nothing. I must be doing
something wrong. I am new to Win XP and probably I don't yet understand many
things- could anyone offer any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about problems

    EDIT: It seems I was wrong - I CAN access FTP sites from IE and GetRight but
    only when the Win XP Firewall is disabled! The question now is, how should I
    configure the Win XP Firewall to permit ftp access?

    Why would you use WinXP's firewall, if you have ZApro active? 2 firewalls
    is usually just asking for trouble...

    --
    Tumppi
    Reply to group

    "Mervian" <any@where.net> kirjoitti viestissä
    > EDIT: It seems I was wrong - I CAN access FTP sites from IE and GetRight
    but
    > only when the Win XP Firewall is disabled! The question now is, how should
    > configure the Win XP Firewall to permit ftp access?

FTP Norton Windows XP