FTP problems

December 3, 2004 5:36:03 PM

[WinXP Home SP1 - ZA Pro - Norton 2005]
It seems that I am unable to access FTP addresses using IE6.1 or Getright.
I did manage to download files from ftp sites only using CuteFTP 6.0 and
only after I disabled the WinXP Firewall. The ZA permissions seem normal -
the same I use on a Win98 machine that behaves fine. I tried disabling
Norton 2005 Internet Worm protection - but nothing. I must be doing
something wrong. I am new to Win XP and probably I don't yet understand many
things- could anyone offer any suggestions?

More about : ftp problems

Anonymous
December 3, 2004 6:12:15 PM

EDIT: It seems I was wrong - I CAN access FTP sites from IE and GetRight but
only when the Win XP Firewall is disabled! The question now is, how should I
configure the Win XP Firewall to permit ftp access?
Anonymous
December 3, 2004 7:45:43 PM

Why would you use WinXP's firewall, if you have ZApro active? 2 firewalls
is usually just asking for trouble...

--
Tumppi
Reply to group