Portable Scanners

I am on the road a lot and need a portable scanner. I am running XP
Pro laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about portable scanners

    In article <2e8b954b.0409261044.6a4e290e@posting.google.com>,
    vtot4y602@sneakemail.com says...
    > I am on the road a lot and need a portable scanner. I am running XP
    > Pro laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    The various USB powered ones from Canon as generally most often touted
    for portability. No separate power input needed. Are mostly CIS models,
    not CCD, so for use with only truly flat originals, no depth of field.

    Mac

    On 26 Sep 2004 11:44:39 -0700, vtot4y602@sneakemail.com (RO) wrote:

    > I am on the road a lot and need a portable scanner. I am running XP
    > Pro laptop. Any suggestions? Thanks.

    You could use a digital camera.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    I normally shoot color transparency film, but have a job coming up which I
    have been asked to shoot negs of.

    I use tungsten lights and tungsten balenced films pretty exclusively.

    Now I was sort of surprised to find colour neg films balenced for tungsten -
    I assumed you just used daylight and colour correted out the yellow cast
    later.

    Question is - I need faster emulsions for this shoot, so tungsten is not an
    option as they are slow and filtering just takes away all the speed
    advantage.

    So if I shoot fast daylight neg in tungsten and get them pro scanned to high
    res, can the lab take out the yellow cast ok when scanning, or will this be
    abad route to take??

    TIA

    Phil
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:18:59 GMT in alt.comp.periphs.scanner, "Philip
    Webb" <phil.webb@ntlworld.com> wrote:

    >I normally shoot color transparency film, but have a job coming up which I
    >have been asked to shoot negs of.
    >
    >I use tungsten lights and tungsten balenced films pretty exclusively.
    >
    >Now I was sort of surprised to find colour neg films balenced for tungsten -
    >I assumed you just used daylight and colour correted out the yellow cast
    >later.
    >
    >Question is - I need faster emulsions for this shoot, so tungsten is not an
    >option as they are slow and filtering just takes away all the speed
    >advantage.
    >
    >So if I shoot fast daylight neg in tungsten and get them pro scanned to high
    >res, can the lab take out the yellow cast ok when scanning, or will this be
    >abad route to take??

    Can't you use a daylight source: floods or flash?
    How would you correct colour balance on an enlarger?
    What side effects would you expect when doing so?
    How would those side effects affect your finishe product?
    Does the lab even offer colour balance correction?

    Brian.Inglis@CSi.com (Brian[dot]Inglis{at}SystematicSW[dot]ab[dot]ca)
    fake address use address above to reply

Scanners Laptops Peripherals