EXCLUSIVE: Spy Shots of the BMW Thermaltake Level 10 M Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
They look huge, besides pictures of headphones are meaningless. Even reviews don't matter because it's all about how it sounds and specifically how it sounds to you.

Pretty cool looking, it's unique, but how it sounds is critical.

Gotta say though, gaming head-phones is one thing I will never purchase, audiophile headphones do a fantastic job with stereo/virtual surround + clip on mic.

Never found any gaming headphones to date that are worth of 100+ price tag. Headphones can be kind of personal, got to find the one that sounds best to you too.

Abion47

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2012
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]Pretty cool looking, it's unique, but how it sounds is critical. Gotta say though, gaming head-phones is one thing I will never purchase, audiophile headphones do a fantastic job with stereo/virtual surround + clip on mic.Never found any gaming headphones to date that are worth of 100+ price tag. Headphones can be kind of personal, got to find the one that sounds best to you too.[/citation]

Admittedly, I've never had the opportunity to really listen to audiophile headphones (other than about 15 seconds damo of a Dr. Dre headphones at BestBuy). That said, the dual bass drivers in a Razer Tiamat 2.2 make it sound way sexy, much better than the Corsair HS1A I had previously.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
... when form is greater than function.

[citation][nom]warezme[/nom]They look huge, besides pictures of headphones are meaningless. Even reviews don't matter because it's all about how it sounds and specifically how it sounds to you.[/citation]
Unfortunately I have known people who genuinely love terrible sounding headphones, but I guess it all depends on what you like to hear. If you love low-fi boomy sound then hey, some of those headphones probably sound fantastic. However I would argue that audio reviews can matter a great deal, depending on the source.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
here are some major questions

what parts are metal,
is anything that holds the headphones together plastic
what price range do they preform in, and what price range are they?

see for full metal, as in it will not break because of use, headphones i will pay a bit of a premium for, or accept a bit lesser sound quality.

[citation][nom]Abion47[/nom]Admittedly, I've never had the opportunity to really listen to audiophile headphones (other than about 15 seconds damo of a Dr. Dre headphones at BestBuy). That said, the dual bass drivers in a Razer Tiamat 2.2 make it sound way sexy, much better than the Corsair HS1A I had previously.[/citation]

Eek, Dr. Dre headphones are a terrible, they are not real audiophile headphones. They are are the apple of headphones. (Over priced, trendy looking junk.)

Razer Tiamat 2.2 probably has cheap audio drivers most likely, so they won't really sound good compared to a real set of headphones, maybe they sound decent, never tried those ones specifically though. Gaming headphones are typically flashy junk.

You can buy a decent pair of headphones for 100+ off Amazon from good companies like AKG, Audio-Technica, Grado, Sennheiser.

dragonsqrrl

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2009
[citation][nom]edogawa[/nom]Eek, Dr. Dre headphones are a terrible, they are not real audiophile headphones. They are are the apple of headphones. (Over priced, trendy looking junk.)Razer Tiamat 2.2 probably has cheap audio drivers most likely, so they won't really sound good compared to a real set of headphones, maybe they sound decent, never tried those ones specifically though. Gaming headphones are typically flashy junk. You can buy a decent pair of headphones for 100+ off Amazon from good companies like AKG, Audio-Technica, Grado, Sennheiser.[/citation]
Sennheiser just announced the PC363D headset, which I believe uses the same driver as the HD558/598. In other words they're pretty damn good, especially for gaming headphones. The main difference seems to be the addition of a microphone (hence headset) and the cans appear to be more closed than the HD558 or 598.

How does the Titanium HD sound? Have you had a chance to try Xonar Essence?

[citation][nom]dragonsqrrl[/nom]Sennheiser just announced the PC363D headset, which I believe uses the same driver as the HD558/598. In other words they're pretty damn good, especially for gaming headphones. The main difference seems to be the addition of a microphone (hence headset) and the cans appear to be more closed than the HD558 or 598.How does the Titanium HD sound? Have you had a chance to try Xonar Essence?[/citation]

PC363D? Sounds fantastic, I would love to try those babies out one day.

Titanium HD is a great card(no driver issues), it's crystal clear.

I've never had the chance to test out the essence, I went with the THD because of CMSS-3D and it was cheaper. I think they have the same on board DAC too so Im content with the THD, for now.

amdcrankitup

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2011
Wow carrying on Thrmaltakes tradition those are very unique set of Headphones and are surely built aroung the Level 10 Series the Level 10 GT case Level 10 Mouse and now the Headphones! I would like to be lucky enough to have all these components together as one of my main RIGs! Im definatly going to be looking more at these Headphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.