Using a D-Link DI-824VUP as a Print Server

Archived from groups: (More info?)

Due to the lack of available wireless print servers with WPA, I was
thinking of buying a D-Link DI-824VUP router (has parallel and USB
ports), and using it as a wireless print server.

What would be involved in using it in this way? I guess I disable DHCP,
since I don't want it serving up IP addresses, but will it work as a
client to another router?

SMS wrote:
> Due to the lack of available wireless print servers with WPA, I was
> thinking of buying a D-Link DI-824VUP router (has parallel and USB
> ports), and using it as a wireless print server.
>
> What would be involved in using it in this way? I guess I disable DHCP,
> since I don't want it serving up IP addresses, but will it work as a
> client to another router?

Well in case anyone else ever has the idea to use this device as a
wireless print server, forget it. According to D-Link, it will not work.