Sign in with
Your question

Sapphire Technology Ultimate Radeon X1950Pro

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 20, 2006 1:43:53 PM

I have seen the following part for order on a UK website, but can not find any reviews or anything of this product. Does anyone know any more details of it... It looks good.

Sapphire Technology Ultimate Radeon X1950Pro
Part number 11095-00-50R
Core Clock Speed 650 MHz
Memory 256MB 2GHz GDDR4
October 20, 2006 2:10:21 PM

Sapphire's X1950 PRO is the same as every X1950 PRO out there.

Google "X1950 PRO reviews"
Related resources
October 20, 2006 8:25:37 PM

Quote:
Sapphire's X1950 PRO is the same as every X1950 PRO out there.

Google "X1950 PRO reviews"

no they aint have you looked at em ?? ati x1950 is teh refernce design by them all the other companys add there own lil twists. his do a turbo garenteed over clock version. gecube do one with a tec cooler making it cold and maybe nbetter for over clocking. there are also 256 and 512mb version from some manufactures. and most have slightly different core speeds to them
October 20, 2006 8:44:14 PM

Coolers have always been different, that doesn't have an effect on performance.

Who is offering an X1950 PRO with non-reference clockspeeds?

Might get a slight difference in some apps 256mb vs 512, but it's not going to make a huge difference.
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2006 8:56:46 PM

Quote:

no they aint have you looked at em ?? ati x1950 is teh refernce design by them all the other companys add there own lil twists.

What like different paint job? The clocks are almost identical, if not identical [Sapphire rounding up?] the HSF is identical except colour.

If it were a Toxic version or a Passive like the old Ultimates, then it'd matter, this is the Same Ol' Same O';

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overvi...

So tell me what's so special? No lower ns RAM, no bigger/better HSF, nadda, other than perhaps access to the A.P.E. software, which would garner similar results to Overdrive.

If it's not the liquid cooled Toxic, it's no big whoop!
October 20, 2006 9:12:05 PM

Quote:
Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2006 9:15:31 PM

Classic Tap !! 8)
October 20, 2006 9:35:35 PM

Quote:

no they aint have you looked at em ?? ati x1950 is teh refernce design by them all the other companys add there own lil twists.

What like different paint job? The clocks are almost identical, if not identical [Sapphire rounding up?] the HSF is identical except colour.

If it were a Toxic version or a Passive like the old Ultimates, then it'd matter, this is the Same Ol' Same O';

http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/products/products_overvi...

So tell me what's so special? No lower ns RAM, no bigger/better HSF, nadda, other than perhaps access to the A.P.E. software, which would garner similar results to Overdrive.

If it's not the liquid cooled Toxic, it's no big whoop!

ok, i was talking in general about the x1950 pros from all the manufactures not just about saphire i was responding to the 1950; are all the same comment above.

ati reference design 256mb ram 575 core clock 1380mem clock

saphire blue heatsink 256mb ram 580 core clock 1400mem clock

HIS turbo edition 256mb ram 620 core 1480 mem with one click "garenteed" overclock.

power color 256mb ram 580 core clock 1400 mem
also
power color 512mb ram 580 core clock 1400 mem

i got bored loooking for more lol sooo like i said they do vary and are not all the same the differnce maybe be small, the biggest coming from the his turbo or the 512mb versions you can get BUT there are differences. oh and most have there own cooler design aswell and i dont just mean color.

eg: gecube 512mb version with tec cooler http://www.gecube.com/cms_file.php?id=2054

now that is not just a paint job!
a b U Graphics card
October 20, 2006 11:12:40 PM

Quote:

ok, i was talking in general about the x1950 pros from all the manufactures not just about saphire i was responding to the 1950; are all the same comment above.

But I think you miss Cleeve's point, for an Enthusiast, unless there's something special about the HSF assembly, like Sapphire Toxic, HIS Turbo or that Gag-n-puke err... GeXcube. Or they use a different core, power regulation, or faster ns memory, then they are all the same just default clocks are different. Now the 'guaranteed' clocks are nice and everything, but like I said the Sapphire OC using A.P.E. is likely close to the BBA with Overdrive, really the difference between stack Sapphire and Stock BBA is less than 1%, really is that a significant difference? I don't think so, I agre with cleeve, comapred to the difference between the HIS, GeXcube and the other two the BBA and Sapphire are the same and the reference is what he was refering to.

Quote:
sooo like i said they do vary and are not all the same the differnce maybe be small, the biggest coming from the his turbo or the 512mb versions you can get BUT there are differences.

I'd say it's the same as a reference card, I'd agree with you that there are other version out there, and perhaps a choice of words a little broad, but really for the OP that's the right answer.

Things like the HIS, TOXIC and THAT GeXcbue are more about additional performance. But a regular GeXcube would be the same, and even then they likely all have the same PCB components, same voltage, and same ram, and so the cards themselves are just the same. Being technical the X1950Pro itself is the same, it's the rest fo the stuff thsat comes with it that's different.

BTW; here's a good quicky view of some of the models;
http://www.madboxpc.com/foro/index.php?showtopic=38276
October 21, 2006 10:35:20 AM

Quote:
I guess nobody taught you about W.E. :roll:
As Ape said, it would be great if I can buy eight 512bit Samsung GDDR3 0.9ns and give them to a production line to manufacture my X1900XXXT. :twisted: [/daydreams]

You young lots have a got a lot to learn about BBA/Sapphire.

wish i was still young lol and whats W.E????
a b U Graphics card
October 21, 2006 12:36:01 PM

Hey, you predicted the ATI buyout years before it happened with that AMD cooled 9800se. :tongue:
October 21, 2006 12:49:31 PM

this website is a report on the x1950 launch party where numerous manufatureres show off their products

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4176

for performance there is only one card that is actually different from the stock pcb
gigabyte uses solid state capicatators which apparantly improves life of the board

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4164

also uses the zalman vf700 gpu cooler aluminium and copper version
October 21, 2006 9:59:14 PM

Quote:
I am so hating those heatsink manufactures using TEC+air, they have not got the slightest clue of what they're doing. It's going to, with a 90% chance, fry the GPU/VPU during its lifetime.

Can you expand on this - why?
October 21, 2006 10:33:09 PM

Quote:
or that Gag-n-puke err... GeXcube.

Their card actually gives me a warm chubby :oops: 

October 21, 2006 10:38:15 PM

Quote:
or that Gag-n-puke err... GeXcube.

Holy sh*t.. is that a 3 slot cooler? 8O
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2006 12:45:01 AM

Quote:

Yeah they've always had extreme version cards, use to be 'Bravo' cards, the only problem is unlike Powercrapper, they still get alot of complaints about poor customer service for RMAs and such.

But they do look good.
!