Question about the GA-965P-DS3

nanoboy

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2006
I read the FAQ, and it said that basically after connecting my HDD to the SATA port 1, bios should automatically detect it. Is this right?

Another question is do I connect my superdrive to the master MASTER IDE channel (the colored slot) or the primary?

Also, the FAQ said to make cdrom first and the HDD second on the boot sequence to install windows, do I change it back to HDD first and cd second after the installation is done?

Lastly, do I need to disable RAID or anything else in the bios? Im only going to be running one harddrive.

Thanks in advance.

skyguy

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
1) yes, it will automatically detect your SATA drive
2) AFAIK, there is only one IDE slot.....the colored one at the bottom of the SATA ports
3) you need CD-ROM first to install windows (generally speaking, but there are other ways)....in any event, you can switch your boot sequence back to Hard Drive after Windows is installed and you should be fine. The only * here is that if you need the CD to boot first for some reason, then hit F8 (I think) to go to your boot menu, then just pick which you want to boot from for that one time. So, change to Hard Drive first and you'll be good to go 99.5% of the time.
4) RAID = more than one hard drive. So you're set. Default settings should recognize no RAID, so you shouldn't need to change anything.

And there ya go! Good luck.