Optical resolution of CanoScan D2400U Film Scanner

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

Hi,

The specifications for my CanoScan D2400U scanner say that it has an optical
resolution of 2400x4800 dpi.

The accompanying software has a drop down box for specifiying the scanning
resolution.

The maximum value in the drop down list is 2400, but you can increase the
value manually.

My question is ....

What the maximum value of this setting that corresponds with the maximum
optical resolution of the scanner?
I don't want any interpolation in the scanned image.

Thanks in advance
Phil

Archived from groups: comp.periphs.scanners,alt.comp.periphs.scanner (More info?)

In article <WIk8d.2654$zd4.192@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net>,
philIreallyhatespam@bigfoot.com says...

>What the maximum value of this setting that corresponds with the maximum
>optical resolution of the scanner?
>I don't want any interpolation in the scanned image.

For a scanner spec'd 2400x4800 dpi, the optical resoluton is 2400 dpi (the
smaller number). This is just how all flatbeds spec it.

Meaning is:
Maximum horizontal sampling resolution of the CCD chip is 2400 dpi (columns)
Maximum vertical motor stepping is 4800 dpi (rows of pixels).

With a 2400x4800 dpi scanner, scanning resolutions greater than 2400 dpi
will interpolate (4800 dpi only interpolates horizontally).
--
Wayne
http://www.scantips.com "A few scanning tips"

TRENDING THREADS