Sign in with
Your question

K9N Neo-F and no POST

Last response: in Motherboards
October 20, 2006 4:36:00 PM

Yesterday I recived my components for new computer. I put it together and found realy bad problem. I pluged monitor and keyboard.... Then I started it. But there was no POST, just a beep. I think it was a long beep, and that means that everything is OK. When I pushed power button, monitor (CRT) came from stand-by to working condition. But there was no picture on it. Second later CPU fan slowed down and computer beeped. I tried booting computer without DVD and other drives but no luck either. I tested graphic card and it is working. Then I tested power supply and it is working too. I can't try any other components here. I removed RAM and computer didn't beep and monitor was still in stand-by. If I remove graphic card computer beeps the same as before. I don't know what is wrong.

Configuration:
LC 550W Power Supply
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ AM2
Motherboard MSI K9N Neo-F
Patriot 1GB RAM DDR2
Graphic card ATI Radeon x800GTO

More about : k9n neo post

October 22, 2006 4:15:42 PM

hi roli
are you sure that 4pin socket is plugged to power?(4pin socket in m/b is near ps/2 port in the top of CPU socket)
October 23, 2006 4:18:42 PM

Yes! It is plugged.
Related resources
October 23, 2006 5:45:59 PM

maybe ram isnot compatible with your m/b. for example, 2 channels of my kingston ram 512MB ddr2 533 some times was working & some times not. so i changed it with dual geil ddr2 533 & now is working properly.
so if you have 2 modules, check again with one. else try another ddr2 memory.
at last, if the problem was remained, the only way is checking VGA.
October 23, 2006 6:18:35 PM

I checked graphic card and it is working. I have 1GB RAM on 1 module.
October 25, 2006 8:50:41 AM

so, try with another RAM (different brand)
November 8, 2006 4:51:40 PM

I repaired my problem. It was realy simple. VGA connector on graphic card isn't working. Using VGA to DVI adaptor this thing works.
!