APC Paper: a $99 Android PC That Looks Like a Book

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Those are terrible specs for a box with no display. They need to either cut the price in half or pump up the specs to something like a dual-core 1.2ghz.

Right now you could buy a tablet more powerful than that, with all the same inputs, AND a 7 inch 1024 by 600 capacitive touch screen, and still pay under $80.

G

Specs suck...needs dual core @ 1ghz , 1gb ram, and gigabit network adapter for me to even consider this.

friikazoid

Distinguished
May 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Tblat[/nom]Those are terrible specs for a box with no display. They need to either cut the price in half or pump up the specs to something like a dual-core 1.2ghz.Right now you could buy a tablet more powerful than that, with all the same inputs, AND a 7 inch 1024 by 600 capacitive touch screen, and still pay under $80.[/citation]

Oh really?? Link ONE such tablet

cooldex

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2012
yea the specs are horrible it need to be 1.2ghz or better like a quadcore with 2gb ram cause YouTube is a powerful website even for Android and plus in 1080p Res yea it going have to do better then that or like 20$

phillipw

Honorable
Dec 28, 2012
[citation][nom]felix666[/nom]I would be surprised if a cardboard casing passes the UL approval.[/citation]

No need for UL approval. It has a low voltage input.

madjimms

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2011
[citation][nom]Madjimms[/nom]Those specs are just horrible at that price point...[/citation]
Sorry, I take that back, the CPU is horrible.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
For $99 you could buy one of the cheap stick-PC type units, a USB hub, and a hollowed out book of any shape or color and have a much faster version of this rather odd product... I wish them all the luck as the idea is great, a book that can sit on a shelf near a TV and blend in with its surroundings while its actually a HTPC is brilliant.

But then again with the Android mini-stick i bought for $50, it hides completely behind the TV quite nicely so I personally would probably never buy one of these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.