A8N32-SLI Deluxe is crap

My ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe experience so far!

First A8N32 failed completely refusing to boot, completaly dead, had it 3 months but graciously Newegg handled the RMA even after the time limit they had to, so KUDOs for Newegg, couldn't just wait for all the Red Tape with a downed machine so I replaced the ASUS with an EPoX 9NPA3 SLI to get back up and running.

Since the replacement was on its way I could either use the ASUS as a backup or let my wife benefit by upgrading her machine all the additional expense would be was for a 939/64AMD CPU and a PCI-E Video card, so I upgraded her machine when I finally got the RMA'd A8N32 back.

The RMA'd M/B also worked for 3 months and the networking section of the M/B failed completely, and no matter what I tried she was dead as far as connecting to the internet, even though the lans reported being operational, it wouldn't connect period.

Went to the local computer repair shop and picked up a Gigabyte K8 Triton NF4 replacement for the ASUS and have begun RMA procedures for the ASUS.

Personally I think the ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe is a serious problem child piece of crap!

This is very discouraging for me since I was a loyal ASUS fan and the proud owner of 2 past ASUS socket 462AMDXP M/Bs and never had the first problem with either of them, but this A8N32-SLI Deluxe should be in my opinion recalled before ASUS reputation is seriously damaged because of this M/B.

If you haven't had any problems then pat yourself on the back if you presently own one, but don't brag too loud or you may be RMAing yours next, it seems both of mine had 3 month timers in them[sarcasm], and neither one of them was OC'd.

If you're thinking about buying an ASUS A8N32-SLI Deluxe, DON'T!!!

If you do, and run into the same, you have no one to blame but yourself!

You've been warned! :evil:

Had you read the 'one guide rules all recommendation' you wouldn't have blindly followed ASUS or any of the companies.

Well I guess after looking back over my M/B purchasing history saying I was a loyal ASUS fan was stretching it a little, because I haven't really blindly followed any company except maybe Corsair.

Wusy, its no secret you've been an ASUS basher for a couple of years now, it just surprises me you weren't the first to respond, :lol: but your comments don't surprise me.

I didn't blindly follow ASUS it was one of the top rated boards at the time I switched to the AMD64 platform, at the time I had narrowed my choices to the DFI and ASUS offerings and both were priced about the same.

My decision to make the original purchase had to do with an article I had read about problems [which aparently have been solved]with the DFI lan party and Corsair RAM, which is the RAM I had to use in the M/B.

I opted for the ASUS at the time, the EPoX I'm presently running[which is an excellent M/B by the way] was lurking in the shadows as far as top rated M/Bs at the time of my original purchase which was in Feb of this year.

Maybe I'm being too hard on ASUS but 2 failures of the same model M/B is really a pain in the rear cost wise at resolving these issues, you can buy a lemon in any product on the face of the planet, so I guess 3 strikes would be a better soapbox.

I guess we'll see on that one, depending on how long it takes to get this thing RMAd and back in a machine, even though at this point it'll probably just sit on the shelf as a backup M/B.

So besides all that crap, How the Hell are you doing?

You know you're one of my favorites here right! :wink:

sailer

Splendid
I have the same board and it has been running for nearly a year now without specific problem. The first one I got died within a couple weeks, but it was RMA'd and the replacement hasn't shown any particular problem.

The only disappointment that I've had has related to the limited overclocking with it, or troubles relating to overclocking. I had originaly considered a DFI, but at that time, the DFI boards had a few deficits/problems that made the ASUS board look like a better choice. I can't say that I would have been any better off buying a DFI from that timeframe.

I'm looking forward to building a new machine after the first of the year and running into a similar dilemma concerning the ASUS Crosshair and a DFI UT NF590 board, both with the 590 chipset. I plan to be migrating to Vista, but from what I've read, neither of these board have been certified for Vista at this time. Both are expensive, but I'm not concerned with expense at this time. The Crosshair seems to have some some good features, but I wonder about its overclocking ability, due to experience with the A8N32-SLI Deluxe that I now have. I haven't read much of anything about the DFI board, so have nothing to go on there either. All I can do for the moment is wait and gather information. Fortunately, I'm not in a hurry.

What exactly happened to your first M/B?

I'm considering upgrading myself and looking more toward Intels Core2 Duo solutions than AMD, I've run AMD now for about 4 years, Initially going AMD for the price for punch.

AMD seemed to forget what drew a lot of people to them in the first place of getting more bang for your buck.

My point is, and sorry this has nothing to do with any M/B, the word "upgrading" tripped my brain switch, :) that AMD could have still made a nice profit on the FX57 for example, with a starting price of half of what its original price was and it would have flew off the shelves.

I guess thats where the greed comes into the picture, the sudden AMD price drops, because of Intels Core2 Duo release, reflects back on AMDs overpricing their product, simply because at the time they could.

So seeing as how an OCd midrange Intel Core2 Duo can out perform a high end AMD today, it does tend to change your planning strategy on upgrading a little, especially if Intel starts dropping their high end to put a crunch on AMD.

I've always said Its a good thing there is Intel and AMD competing against each other in the price realm, because if either had the total monopoly permanently, we wouldn't be able to afford to own a computer.

chrispyski

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I, like SO many before me had the A8N-SLI Deluxe for a year until it gave up (the chipset fan died one night while I was asleep...fried the northbridge) and besides that and the countless driver issues with ASUS, I'm steering clear of their MB's. Although it seems cruel to base this on one motherboard failure, after reading forum after forum they just seem to be having nothing but problems with their S939 motherboards.

As for me, I decided to get a mATX board (with NO moving parts thank god) and give it to my mother. Time for the switch to Intel. I suggest that to all who are fed up with ASUS and their S939 motherboards.

halcyon

Splendid
I've had an A8N-SLi Premium since July...problem-free, I'll keep my fingers crossed because I love that board, with it my confidence in Asus was easily confirmed. I'm surprised to hear that, what was, their top S939 board would provide such a bad experience.

My sophiscated brain tells me it doesn't look good beyond 2007. AMD pulled an Intel, they've been milking K8 for over 3yrs and should've moved onto a completely new uArch by now.

Thats an excellent point of view you wrote and I'm afraid you're dead on the money! :cry:

Deeez

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
LOL, Thanks for the warning but this is absolutely the best board ever. So i have no clue wtf you talking about.! Sounds like use error to me. I had this board since launch, not a single problem whats so ever!

next time warn us on something else!

LOL, Thanks for the warning but this is absolutely the best board ever. So i have no clue wtf you talking about.! Sounds like use error to me. I had this board since launch, not a single problem whats so ever!

What a dumbassed statement dude! :trophy:

You should be extremely thankful you haven't had any problems with yours, and user error has nothing to do with hardware failure, theres always at least one of you morons in every thread! :lol:

sailer

Splendid
What exactly happened to your first M/B?

My point is, and sorry this has nothing to do with any M/B, the word "upgrading" tripped my brain switch, :) that AMD could have still made a nice profit on the FX57 for example, with a starting price of half of what its original price was and it would have flew off the shelves.

My first motherboard started by not recognizing the ram. Switched slots and the ram was there again. Then the video card wasn't seen. Switched slots and it was there again. Cyberpower said to RMA it. Put the replacement in and there hasn't been any trouble since with the motherboard.

Yean, a FX-57 would be nice. For that matter, a FX-60 would be nicer. Back when Intel chips were so expensive, the AMD chips didn't seem that bad, but now that both companies are slashing prices, it would be nice to see AMD FX's a bit cheaper.

Herr_Fritz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2006
Mine is 7 mo. old and so far no problems...

I would HATE for the MB to crap out on me. But I really have no worries about it. If something was gonna die due to faulty build, it would have already.

Deeez

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006

What a dumbassed statement dude! :trophy:

You should be extremely thankful you haven't had any problems with yours, and user error has nothing to do with hardware failure, theres always at least one of you morons in every thread! :lol:

This is the first time i ever heard of this board being bad for anyone. Im new to this forum but you will find me on many other forums. Your just a noob that dont know what he's doing and to say the board is junk is pathetic. You sound like a 7 year old kid. Maybe you need to call the Geek squad to help you out chief!

Mine is 7 mo. old and so far no problems...

I would HATE for the MB to crap out on me. But I really have no worries about it. If something was gonna die due to faulty build, it would have already.

If its lasted that long you've probably got yourself a good one and won't have any trouble with it.

Its unusual for a M/B to quit after 3mths usually a bad M/B won't last past the initial build, and instantly has issues resulting in a failure of some kind.

Some others have posted about their similar situations giving good ideas about how long it takes for inherent M/B problems to rear its head.

This thread is about my direct problems with this particular M/B and obviously so far I've acquired 2 lemons, its also about others that have had problems with the same M/B can tell their horror stories, or tell of their good fortune with their M/Bs, which is good.

You're probably in clear sailing I wouldn't even waste time thinking about it.

I appreciate your response its very adult and respectful not like some.

Have a great day! :D

So you really are a moron after all! :lol:

just what i expected from a 7 year old. Nice one

Do you have any idea how much enjoyment I'm going to get if I see a help thread from you about problems with your A8N32-SLI Deluxe! ROFLMAO :lol:

And by the way, You are the noob here dude!

You keep confirming your moron status! :lol:

This is the first time i ever heard of this board being bad for anyone. Im new to this forum but you will find me on many other forums. Your just a noob that dont know what he's doing and to say the board is junk is pathetic. You sound like a 7 year old kid. Maybe you need to call the Geek squad to help you out chief!

The 2 M/Bs are junk, thats why one was replaced through Newegg and the other is being replaced by the manufacturer, whats so hard about that for you to understand, that you would post such a childish response in the first place!

All you needed to say was you had the same model M/B and have no problems with it, and my response would be great for you, but there are others here beside me or you with the same problems or success, so why come in here posting like you did?

Unlike yourself I've been a member here a long time and I've seen guys like you come and go, you'd take some good advice from me and change the way you come across to others here in your replies.