start up

December 4, 2004 6:22:30 PM

Hi
How do I change which windows appear upon start-up of my Win XP.
Everytime I start up I see this useless sys32 window saying 'this files are
hidden etc.'
Thanks

More about : start

Anonymous
December 4, 2004 11:14:28 PM

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"frank coen" <frankcoen@snotmail.com> wrote in message news:coshtl$g16$1@reader08.wxs.nl...
Hi
How do I change which windows appear upon start-up of my Win XP.
Everytime I start up I see this useless sys32 window saying 'this files are
hidden etc.'
Thanks
Anonymous
December 4, 2004 11:14:29 PM

Thanks, but I don't see the 'incorrect, incomplete or null entries' . How do
I recognise them. There are no "" entries. I don't dare to delete
everything. .

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"frank coen" <frankcoen@snotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi
How do I change which windows appear upon start-up of my Win XP.
Everytime I start up I see this useless sys32 window saying 'this files are
hidden etc.'
Thanks
December 5, 2004 12:29:30 AM

Frank,

If you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:

Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm

If that does not help, of if that does not apply to this situation:

1. Download Autoruns from www.sysinternals.com
2. Click File, Save As and save the information to autoruns.txt file.
3. Post the contents of autoruns.txt here.

-or-

You can try disabling the entries one-by-one (trial and error) using MSConfig:

Click Start/Run and type MSCONFIG
Click Startup tab.
Disable an entry one at a time
Logoff and log back in.
Do this until the problem is resolved, and identify the culprit entry.
Re-enable all other items again.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"frank coen" <frankcoen@snotmail.com> wrote in message news:cosmr6$hvm$1@reader08.wxs.nl...
Thanks, but I don't see the 'incorrect, incomplete or null entries' . How do
I recognise them. There are no "" entries. I don't dare to delete
everything. .

System32 Folder Opens When Logging on to Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=170086

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"frank coen" <frankcoen@snotmail.com> wrote in message
Hi
How do I change which windows appear upon start-up of my Win XP.
Everytime I start up I see this useless sys32 window saying 'this files are
hidden etc.'
Thanks
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 12:29:31 AM

Ramesh,
That was fast again and what is more:
You guessed it well, it was the Audigy 2!
Tip 260 worked, I am impressed: you are a genius.
Thank you very much indeed.
Frank

Frank,

If you have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound card, see:

Tip 260: System32 Folder Opens Upon Boot
www.kellys-korner.com/xp_tweaks.htm
Anonymous
December 5, 2004 12:49:16 AM

Glad to be of assistance, Frank. Credits to the author.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!